PDA

View Full Version : Beagleing Boolits

Denver
05-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Howdy All,

Today I tried my hand at Beagleing some boolits from my RCBS 200 gr FN mold, but with a little different approach. Ya know the little lead foil backers that come from dental x ray film? Well, that was what I used to open the blocks a hair to get some extra diameter to the boolits. I cut them lengthwise to make strips about a half inch wide and laid one across the blocks with the strip even with the top and closed the mold on it. It gave me perfect fillout and the bands measure about .362 opposite the parting line. I have to trim the excess foil off, but it only takes a second or two.
Now I need a .360 or .361 sizing die for my Star sizer to see if the bigger bullet will make a difference in my Marlin 35 Rem. (See my ad in the Swappin/Sellin section).

Thanks, Ron

beagle
05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
That should work. It's about the same thickness as the aluminum tape...if it don't melt.

If you can't find the tape, PM with with a snail mail address and I'll send a strip out./beagle

Willbird
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
You can just goober some lube on them by hand Ron and shoot them like that...most people think they will shoot their very best unmolested by a sizing die.

Bill