PDA

View Full Version : Importing Casting Equip

63 Shiloh
09-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey Fellers,

I was following the post on the price of a RCBS 20# pot and the high price that is asked for in Denmark.

Well, its just not Denmark, here in Australia a RCBS will set you back more than $750.00USD.

I cannot help but wonder if some US member with a means to take Paypal, credit cards, etc; could help out and be reimbursed for their efforts.

Say I was after some molds and such, I talk to a few mates here in Australia (for this example) and we look on Midway or similar for the prices for our equipment.

I could then come to a total price for the equipment and shipping, then the US based bloke could be paid the money for gear and shipping, plus say 10-15% of the order for handling. It would be a win-win for all involved.

Just an idea.............

Mike

sav300
09-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Mike, you can order most casting gear over the phone and pay with visa.I buy different moulds off ebay and thru group buys organised by members of this site.You may have to wait for a few months tho.
May I ask why not a Lee 20# pot?Sure they have a drip problem,But I am happy with my Lee pots 10# and a 20#.good quality moulds can be had thru castbulletengeering at Menai.
Lionel

Rich219
09-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Is there any reason reloading/casting equipment can't be exported?

Cherokee
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
If you need some help, I could look into it, but I would think Midway or someone like that would ship to you.

x101airborne
09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I believe that reloading equipment can only be exported through a government licensed dealer. I have read on several sites that reloading equipment cannot be exported without permit and the proper tariffs being paid. Why, I am not sure. Govt has to have their pound of flesh. My dad thinks it is due to shipping that stuff into ccommunist controlled countries.

zuke
09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I believe that reloading equipment can only be exported through a government licensed dealer. I have read on several sites that reloading equipment cannot be exported without permit and the proper tariffs being paid. Why, I am not sure. Govt has to have their pound of flesh. My dad thinks it is due to shipping that stuff into ccommunist controlled countries.

Nope.You've been misinformed.
I'm Canadian and when I bring something in from LEE I might have to pay duty and that's about it.
The biggest problem is the shipping cost.
Lee charge's me $15-$20 for larger order's.
So far your state dept. hasn't found it too dangerous to export reloading gear.

legi0n
09-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Try Natchez Shooters Supplies. Their shipping is a bit expensive but unlike Midway, they do ship internationally.

rollingblock
09-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Slightly off topic but I recently tried to buy a 98 extractor from Brownels but they were unable to supply as it was an illegal export for some reason. I would not have thought an extractor going to New Zealand would alter the world balance of power too much but them's the rules. No trouble to get one from Canada but the price is about double.

63 Shiloh
09-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Thanks for those links fellers, appreciate it.

Midway has some weird and wonderful international shipping policies which is a pity.

Reloading gear posted from US to Australia is legal and poses no problems unless the item is over $900.00 AUD, then you look at duty costs.

I understand where rollingblock is coming from too, I think Brownells has applied the 'firearm part' a little too liberally. RB example of an extractor is a case in point.

Mike

Gellot Wilde
09-29-2010, 04:23 AM
What about Buffalo Arms...they export, I get quite a few bit and pieces from them...a real good company to deal with too.
Sadly the 'antique brass' life line has just been cut with them for the time being...US export restrictions...no firm law passed as of writing and they may lift their export ban on brass when they get clarification from the powers that be. You can get it with an export permit as most other gunparts and firearms...but it's around $300...so for 100 45S&W cases it's not worth it. :D

Casting gear isn't a problem.

Midway won't send anything...that's their loss.

x101airborne
09-29-2010, 07:10 AM
all i know is what midway and midsouth shooters supply told me. as i stated i dont know the why's, only the outcome.

82nd airborne
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
They probably just heard you were a screaming eagle and decided it would be fun to play a joke on you.