PDA

View Full Version : Boolits in my Husky 5500 7mm Mag

TCLouis
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I bought the gun somewhere around 15 years ago and put a Redfield 1 piece mount on it some five years later.

So as to not rush things I finally put some rings on it today and put a scope on her.

Ok, where in the heck is all that 7MM mag brass I had set aside for this project, finally found 8 pieces and had three different boolits, couple of punds of 150 grain Loverins, a few hundrd 135 Lymans and a few of the 135 grain GB boolits.

47 rounds of the Loverins and another 24 or so of the Lymans to fire lap the barrel and then I

Started shooting some groups and tests for OAL and it looks like it will be a good CF plinking rifle. Will test it at 50 and 100 Monday.

Well why did I put 3 3pound coffee cans of 7 MM brass there . . . Oh well at least I found it and got it sorted by maker.

Dang this thing is fun with cast boolits, I have run over 150 rounds since I started yesterday.

I tried to get some info out of Quick Load last night and it would not work with my combination, guess I will have to set up the Chrono an gather my own velocity info.
The Lyman 135 seems to do pretty well out of the gun, Hope the 122 gr. GB mold will do the same. not much lube on it it has done ok in the 10" 7mm TCU Contender barrel)!