PDA

View Full Version : Good but sad find.

megafatcat
09-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Working in CA right now and stopped by a local reloading shop. They were selling a lot of cast boolits, $1.00 a pound. Apparently a long time caster had passed away and his kids were selling it. I got over 75#, mostly GC and lubed. He poured a very good boolit. Still lots there, though not much for .308.
Phillips wholesale, Covina CA East of LA.

HeavyMetal
09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Rick sells a bunch of stuff and has been my go to guy when supplies were tough to find.

If you missed the Ponsness Warren 800's on the back shelf for 250 each you were blinded by all that lead!

Rick's big market is shotgun reloading bu he does handle rifle and pistol componets as well dies and such are mostly special order.

XWrench3
09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
i am AMAZED that you could even buy any kind of lead in comiefornia. doesn't that automaticly qualify you as an enviromental terrorist or something? "arnold" may come to your door to "terminate" you with a bowl of jello. i cant believe that coomie jerk has turned out to be a gun persons worst enemy. maybe a condor will come and give him a present on top of his head at his next speach![smilie=b::groner: