PDA

View Full Version : antelope hunt

legend
09-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi all,

LEADMAN and i are attending the 4th annual bill bartman antelope hunt in casper wyoming.this shoot has normaly 10-19 shooters in past years,this year the count is way down to about 6.THANKS AGAIN OBAMA YA JERK!

Speciality pistols boys use longrange pistols to take antelope on this hunt,400-800 yards is fairly common. 940 was the longest two years ago,i wonder how far cast in my 7br will reach...we will see.

LAH
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Any news?

legend
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
LAH,

Yes,i forgot to post;i did on speciality pistols web site,and forgot here.

we had four hunters this year(way down) and leadman made the longest shot at 255 yards!!NICE!! he used a 10in contender i think,bang-flop.on a decent buck.

ernie shot a doe at 155 yards,he is used to shooting 700-800-900 yards and took a great deal of ribbing at such a close shot.

john was not done hunting before i had to leave,and had not scored yet.

i shot a doe running at 80 yards,shot for the heart,and was an inch under the heart,she got real sick fast and stayed on her feet out to 200 yards,i shot her in the back of the head at 200 yards with my 7br.not cast as my load is not good enough yet to shoot at 200 and be sure.....

we had a fine hunt and saw hundreds of antelope each day,as we always do down by casper.you should try and come along next year.

sorry i forgot to post,story and pics on speciality-pistols.com under hunting forum.