PDA

View Full Version : STAR--bullet feeder-WOW!!!!

SWANEEDB
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Ole Brown stopped by today with my new Star/Magma bullet feeder, just a box of goodies, no instructions. I looked and studied the parts and figured it out. Out to the garage and did the assembly, even adapted a Lee case feeder, now i've got 4 tubes of bullets feeding the luber, took abit of adjusting but all came out really great, loaded the 4 tubes, little over a 100, took less than 4 minutes to empty them, Man am I pumped. Now if I can just train Gus, (woof woof) Gus to fill the tubes for me while i'm stroking that handle we'll turn out a good quanity of bullets in a no time. Just had to share this with all you fine folks, mostly because you all got me started into the casting bit. Thanks for all you do.

Pressman
09-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Glad you are having so much fun. hehe.
Are you going to make the September Fairgrounds show? I plan on trying, don't know yet, of course it all depends on what my wife has cooked up for me to do.
Ken

SWANEEDB
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Ken, Don't know at this time, some family issues have come up, one that we all know is going to happen but are never prepared. If I do would sure be good to chat with you again. Dave & Gus

runfiverun
09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
some plumbing supply stores carry clear plastic tubing in 10' long sections that make 3 tubes each with some cotter keys.
they come in handy sizes like 3/8th and half inch.
duct tape the ends before cutting, leave the tape on and drill a hole, and still leave the tape on, then do the other end if necessary.
i have 20 sumthin in each size and fill them then lube away.
or just pick the boolits up and drop in the short metal tube as i go, if only doing a few hundred.

SWANEEDB
09-21-2010, 08:21 PM
some plumbing supply stores carry clear plastic tubing in 10' long sections that make 3 tubes each with some cotter keys.
they come in handy sizes like 3/8th and half inch.
duct tape the ends before cutting, leave the tape on and drill a hole, and still leave the tape on, then do the other end if necessary.
i have 20 sumthin in each size and fill them then lube away.
or just pick the boolits up and drop in the short metal tube as i go, if only doing a few hundred.

Runfiverun:
Thanks for the heads up, I know i'll be needing more tubes. 4 on the feeder and 7 standbys, not enough.