PDA

View Full Version : K-31 rifle brass?

mag_01
09-12-2006, 04:56 PM
:coffee: ----Where do I get brass for the K 31---7.5 Swiss---Mag

trooperdan
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Graf's has it in stock and it is pretty good brass. They also might have loaded ammo at a decent price. Both the brass and the ammo come from the same place. or you can just shoot the original Swiss ammo and reload that excellant brass with berdan primers. Russian berdan primers came into the market a year or so ago and they are very good, non-corrosive of course. PMC was the importer, not sure of the current availability. I picked up 5K when they were around.

http://www.grafs.com/

Hip's Ax
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Norma brass is available but hold onto your socks, its spendy. Graf's had some brass made by Privi but its sold out with no ETA, Privi ammo is available and is reloadable. The old trick is to reform 284 Winchester into 7.5x55. Never tried it myself but I hear its great brass and fairly easy to form.

Ken O
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
There is plenty of Wolf (Privi) boxer primed ammo around right now from Midway, Sportsmans Guide, AIM, and even Cabelas. Quite a change from just a couple months ago. The price is $10-12 a box, which is cheaper then buying the brass alone. You can also get 284 brass and run them though your dies, but that brass is expensive also.
There is lots of surplus GP11 brass around also, but its Berdan primed and the primers are hard to come by, I have been loading these lately but dont have a whole lot of Berdan primers to play with.
The group buy 311041 177gr bullet runs real good though the K31.
Ken Orris

StarMetal
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Ken,

I don't know where you come up with that cheaper by loaded ammo then just the brass. Graf's has loaded Prvi for most the odd ball military rifles at $10.99 a box of 20. They have the brass alone for for those same calibers at $29.99 per 100. Those are my dealer costs, but retail would still reflect about the same ratio.

Joe

Bob S
09-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Joe et alia:

Prvi Partizan (or "Graf's", which is made by Prvi) brass in 7.5 x 55 just ain't available now. A guy's only option if he wants to buy 7.5 x 55 brass right now is Norma, and that's cost-prohibitive. Purchasing Prvi Partizan, Wolf, or the later lots of FNM is a reasonable way to get reloadable brass. All of those named in the last sentence are made and loaded by Prvi Partizan, anyway. Reforming 284's is still the method of choice for me. I've never done a cost analysis on it, but it's dang site cheaper than Norma, and it's MUCH, MUCH better brass than either Norma or anything made by Prvi Partizan.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

jh45gun
10-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I just reform the 284 brass and it works well for me and that is with Lee dies. Some folks claim that that conversion is even better than the 7.5 brass. I do not know about that all I know is it works well.

txpete
10-05-2006, 10:28 AM
ditto.I have been using the 284 win brass now for 4 years.haven't lost a case yet.good stuff.you will find that after you resize it it will be a tad short no biggie.
pete

mag_01
10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys----have some wolf and Priv ammo ordered and will try 248 brass as well---Mag