PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolits in Washington

pcw907
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Work is moving me to Washington state and I was wondering if there are issues there shooting cast boolits, obtaining wheel weights, getting roofing lead scrap, etc.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Shooter6br
09-11-2010, 11:02 AM
i thought maybe Washington D.C. Plenty of "lead bottoms" there Also "dead weights" LOL

damron g
09-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Work is moving me to Washington state and I was wondering if there are issues there shooting cast boolits, obtaining wheel weights, getting roofing lead scrap, etc.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

I live in Walla Walla Co. in Eastern WA.Where will you be moving to?

WW and scrap are getting harder to find like everywhere else.

If you are in the west/wet side of the state its generally pretty liberal and we are a bunch of conservatives out east here.

No issues with lead regulations YET,but hey tried once a year or so back.

There are quite a few Cast Bullet Association matches all over the state.

Its a right to carry state if you choose to carry a handgun.permit in 60 days no questions asked.

George

Larry Gibson
09-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Where to in Washington?

Larry Gibson

pcw907
09-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Tacoma, Olympia, Lacey area. Being assigned to Ft. Lewis.

NSP64
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Being assigned to Ft. Lewis.

I'm sorry. I was there there 82-84. I hope it has gotten better. I have a friend that went to renton for a job, and I told him about the rain. He seems not to mind, but he is a newlywed so he probable doesn't want to leave the house much. LOL Didn't do much shooting on my own when I was there.

damron g
09-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Not too bad an area.There are plenty of places to shoot.bring your raincoat.

George

Dennis Eugene
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Shucks it don't rain in Olympia, I was born and raised, lived 34 years in Forks Washington, now there it rains. Dennis

looseprojectile
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Just south of Lacey, great facilities. My nephew is a member of Paul Bunyan gun club and I think they still have a range across the old 99 highway practically on the military reserve. North east side of Ft. Lewis.

pcw907, What do you shoot?

Life is good

damron g
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Just south of Lacey, great facilities. My nephew is a member of Paul Bunyan gun club

Paul Bunyan holds CBA matches and it is a very knowledgeable crowd there.

George

pcw907
09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
pcw907, What do you shoot?

My favorite is 357 mag. I have three .357 mag revolvers and an 1894C. I also shoot 308 Win. I have a few others I don't shoot that often. The 1894C gets the most use.

Patrick

Larry Gibson
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM

I live in University Place not far from Fort Lewis. Give me a shout when you get in the area.

Larry Gibson

RedHawk357Mag
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
The Marksman indoor range in Puyallup doesn't allow exposed lead to be used in their facility. but other than that a pretty good place to shoot.

HammerMTB
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I guess I qualify as a life-time WA resident. I moved here at 14 (I'm 56) and other than military service, have been here ever since.
Indoor ranges don't much tolerate exposed lead anymore, and if you find one that does, don't count on it for long.
There are a respectable # of formal ranges around, and you can shoot lead at pretty much any of them. My background makes me reluctant to pay $8-$10 to go shoot. It is pretty easy in the more suburban/rural areas to find someplace to shoot free. I think the urban guys have more trouble with this.
Around Ft Lewes you should have no trouble outdoors, either at a formal range, or just out in free range.
As always, there are exceptions to very statement, and as always, you are always responsible for your projectile and it's path and resting place.
Welcome!

truckmsl
09-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Washington is phasing out lead wheel weights. All of the bigger shops are using non-lead weights. Better not depend on them for a lead source.