PDA

View Full Version : Passing it on

Moonie
09-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Had one of my sons cast for the first time tonight. I was working on some 200gr 45 HP Mihec boolits and had a bunch of my kids over, got crowded in my man cave. One of the sons, that also has a 1911 decided to try his hand at it. He didn't cast many but seemed to enjoy it. He is a good bit taller than I am and the bottom pour pot is set so I don't have much trouble lining things up. He had to bend down a good bit to see the spout, lol.

We did have fun though. Now to paper patch some of those Bator 22's so we can get a load worked up for the AR 15 and a light action spring. Fun Fun. :Fire:

Jack Stanley
09-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Ain't it great spreadin' the knowledge to another generation ? I keep working on my nephews and niece trying to get them in deep enough to swim around themselves in the "gun culture" that used to be in free America . I doubt my niece will ever cast bullets , but as long as she can still beat her brother with a .22 rifle she doesn't have to .

The one lad likes pistols the other , rifles so it's a good thing that both interest me huh? One day I hope to see them both either pouring lead or squeezing it , both methods would be great though .

Jack

Buckshot
09-12-2010, 01:33 AM
..........Seems a lot of youngsters these days enjoy mental stimulation vs the manual arts. Less sweat:-)?

...............Buckshot

missionary5155
09-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Good moning
Yep.. +1 to that.
My sons grew up around casting. So did I.