PDA

View Full Version : Lead Prospecting Report from the Streets of Carson City

NVcurmudgeon
09-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Been noticing my legs need some exercise so it's time to walk them back into shape. Today I took a two hour walk on the main street/US Highway in Carson City. I managed to find about eighteen good lead WW or pieces therof which went directly into the NVc lead hoard. That's the good news. The bad news is that I also found about an equal number of STEEL weights. "I have seen the future and it doesn't work worth a hoot for boolit casters." (Phrase coined from a similar sentiment authored by some American turkey who visited Russia in the 1930s and came back with stars in his eyes.)

Uncle Grinch
09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Your comments remind me of an earlier thread about "Wild Wheelweights", but I think a more appropriate term may be "Feral Wheelweights"; that is domesticated WW that went wild!

Seriously, I do the same and my wife just hates it. Whenever I'm driving and pull up to a stop or yield sign, I scan the curb for more Feral WW's and depending on traffic, jump out and grab'em before they get away.

Digger
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Yesss ! ... I am guilty also , my friends give me the strangest looks when I am at a stop , spot one , jump out and grab it ! ....Positively looney they say ! ..:groner:

digger

bruce381
09-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I have drove round the block to wait for traffic to clear

mdi
09-15-2010, 05:12 AM
I have drove round the block to wait for traffic to clear

Now that's cheap! ;) I'd never go that far for lead; but I have climbed down the rocks in the harbor to collect sinkers...

357maximum
09-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I have a buddy that will simply break snap your neck while stopping for a rubber tuuucci strap in the road...do not feel bad guys we all have our illnesses.