PDA

View Full Version : a suggestion to ken and willy...

mike in co
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
we have a forum called "CB Loads, Your Favorite Cartridge"" ,,,it is a disaster.....

lets re org the page....

lots of stickies.....

ONE FOR EACH CARTIDGE.......

NO INDEPENDENT POSTS...ALL POST MOST GO IN THE CARTRIDGE SPECIFIC STICKIE....

that way when a guy looks for 308 or 30'06 or 30-30..he just scrolls to ONE TOPIC/STICKIE.

as it is, its krap. it is spread all over the place and questions are asked that do not belong on the forum...

lets make it like the title says....."CB Loads, Your Favorite Cartridge"
data required....boolit comp/weight./size powder/primer/ oal ,gun shot in velocity if known, distanc ehot and group size.

its ok to post what did not work.....

anytime some makes an open post(not in a stickie) a mod moves it to a stickie.( ohhh and if not cartridge specific question...MOVE IT OUT OF THE FORUM!)
anyone can start a thread on a cartridge not listed...mod can make it a stickie( is there a stickie limit in the software ?)

mike in co

Echo
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Plus One...

Ajax
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Plus Two...

Andy

Gar
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I'll third it.

btroj
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Would certainly make it easier to find info about specific cartridges. Might keep the number of "best loads for" threads down. Also might be easier to use than the search function.
I like it.

Brad

crabo
09-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't call it a disaster, but I think the sticky division has some merit. I think it would save a lot of the "what powder and cast boolit should I use for my ...."

Of course, then you would need another sticky for things like 10 grains of Unique, the universal load type of posts.

pmeisel
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I think its a good idea also....

lylejb
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Stickies for the COMMON things OK, but do you REALLY want to see a sticky for the 36 Flugalmeister everyday?

I don't. Too many stickies would just fill up the pages with stickies, then you would be right back where your at now....a mess.

MT Gianni
09-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Stickies for the COMMON things OK, but do you REALLY want to see a sticky for the 36 Flugalmeister everyday?

I don't. Too many stickies would just fill up the pages with stickies, then you would be right back where your at now....a mess.

A sticky for the 36 may not be the best idea but a combination of the posts would be great. As with all posts, the least used go to the bottom.

mike in co
09-09-2010, 02:15 AM

yes i do...and you missed the idea...

NOTHING BUT STICKIES( YOU POST ONLY IN THE CALIBER SPECIFIC STICKIE....there are no other posts in the entire forum.

you scroll thru for your cartridge.....or you do not post...or the post will be moved to the correct stickie or other forum.

this is suppose to be a data forum,,,,,YOUR FAVORITES....not what if i do this with this powder.

Bret4207
09-09-2010, 06:07 AM
I see a heck of a lot of work for the Mod covering that section.

mike in co
09-09-2010, 09:34 AM
i'll take it on....
just the one forum...no task other than to keep it neat( no big stick...no people issues, just straight forum neatness)

mike in co

looseprojectile
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I would be satisfied if just the search function worked.
Imagine how many different cartridges there are.

Hundreds?

Life is good

DeanoBeanCounter
09-09-2010, 09:15 PM
According to this there are 53 popular calibers.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg318/skelly607/1186238824191.jpg

But then this is only hand guns.
I would love to have a picture of rifle calibers like this one.

I would use a forum like that.

Dean

frankenfab
09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
mike in co, I think it's great you would offer to do that.
Can we just make sure we have a .500 Linebaugh sticky?:smile:

Doby45
09-10-2010, 02:35 PM
This could easily be done and Mike could easily be made a mod over that one single section. Just need to get Ken to sign off on it.

MT Gianni
09-10-2010, 11:46 PM
This could easily be done and Mike could easily be made a mod over that one single section. Just need to get Ken to sign off on it.

FYI it's being kicked around in the staff section. It's a great idea we are not sure how to handle the software end of that.

NSP64
09-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

Doby45
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
There literally should be a selection in the forum structure area, where it shows the different areas and sub-areas where you can choose a user and assign them moderator permissions without making the user a member of the moderators group. I used to admin/host a forum built on VBulletin. ;)

Or, simply create a new usergroup. Kinda like how some sites will setup vendor sections where the vendors have moderation rights in their own section.

cajun shooter
09-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Mike, If you are speaking of just organizing the forum so that each caliber is in one folder then I am for it. Or are you speaking of lets say that i have acertain way to load the 30-06 that is different from what you do. Are you going to erase my posting and tell me it was wrong for the forum. You are like the rest of us with your own idea's . Sometimes I agree and others I think you are off base and quick to say so.

mrbill2
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe we could start here: CB Loads> Your Favorite Rifle Cartridge CB Loads> Your Favorite Pistol Cartridge.

geargnasher
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
+1 Mr Bill, good idea.

Gear

Ed Barrett
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
According to this there are 53 popular calibers.

But then this is only hand guns.
I would love to have a picture of rifle calibers like this one.

I would use a forum like that.

Dean

The .30 Pedersen is really a rifle caliber and not very popular, as far as I know the Pedersen device for the Springfield rifle was the only use. I could be wrong.

mike in co
09-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Mike, If you are speaking of just organizing the forum so that each caliber is in one folder then I am for it. Or are you speaking of lets say that i have acertain way to load the 30-06 that is different from what you do. Are you going to erase my posting and tell me it was wrong for the forum. You are like the rest of us with your own idea's . Sometimes I agree and others I think you are off base and quick to say so.

no..organizational only..no points of view from me...other than to move stuff out of the area if it is not cartridge specific.

mike in co
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Maybe we could start here: CB Loads> Your Favorite Rifle Cartridge CB Loads> Your Favorite Pistol Cartridge.

not an issue with the split...but with keeping everything cartidge specific......

and what happends to say 9mm and 45acp..both shot in pistol and rifle......44mag shot in both...etc...357. 38 spcl, 45colt.....

the parent site has a cartridge specific laoding area.....we shall look into a cb only version here.

mike in co

waksupi
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
We're still thinking of the best way to go about this in staff. We will not be taking on additional staff to handle it, it will most likely be a user interactive operation.

mrbill2
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
(and what happends to say 9mm and 45acp..both shot in pistol and rifle......44mag shot in both...etc...357. 38 spcl, 45colt.....)

If the load data you are posting was developed for the 357 cartridge shot in a rifle, then it would go in the rifle form. If developed for your pistol, then to the pistol form. I don't see a problem.