PDA

View Full Version : Lar45 sent me some Lube

no34570
09-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi fellas
The other week or so I saw in a post of someones,that Lar45 would send some samples to anyone interested in trying and then to buy some of his lubes,anyhoo I contacted Lar45 to enquire about his line of lubes he sells and asked if I could get a sample of the Red Carnauba lube if possible,but would understand if he did not want to send me any,for I'm in Australia,as it would be a bit of a hassle.
But blow and behold,I get home on Friday night and a parcel from Lar45 was sitting on the table,to my suprise when I opened it up,it was not one stick of lube but 8 of 'em,2 of Red Carnauba,3 of 50/50 Alox Beeswax,2 of BAC and 1 of Alox 2500+ and several business cards.
I was amazed that I got this many,so I have given a few samples to my casting mates,along with his business cards,now I don't know if they will buy any(I know one is a tight so and so):) ,but I know I will for sure.
I want to thank Glenn for his generosity and I want to assure him that I appreciate it alot and I urge everybody to support him and buy some of his lubes.
Since joining this forum,I have got to know a few of you blokes and have to say what a great bunch you all are,not just for the info we all share but a common mateship,if thats the right word,for we all enjoy casting and shooting,what a trusting lot:-D

I cannot wait to try these lubes out in some of my rifles,but alas,I'll have to wait until next week or so until I get my melting pot replaced.
Thanks again to Lar45(Glenn) and the rest of you for making it worthwhile to be part of this group
Cheers Boys:drinks:
no34570
Dale.

44man
09-09-2006, 08:54 PM
He is one of the finest gentlemen I know. He also sent me some to try and I have been posting my results. I have a shoot to make before I post some more results. I have been very pleased with his lubes.
If you do nothing else, PLEASE, post your results.

no34570
09-10-2006, 01:23 AM
He is one of the finest gentlemen I know. He also sent me some to try and I have been posting my results. I have a shoot to make before I post some more results. I have been very pleased with his lubes.
If you do nothing else, PLEASE, post your results.
44man
I agree 100% with you,he is a fine gentleman not many would do that send you some lube,even interstate,let alone another country,just goes to show you don't it?:-D
Rest assured 44man I will post my results
Cheers
Dale
no34570
:castmine:

Buckshot
09-10-2006, 08:36 AM
............I think it just boils done to Glenn being a fine person. There are still a few of them around :-)

.............Buckshot

Newtire
09-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I just went to E-bay & bought some of the carnauba red in the "buy it now" category. 10-sticks for 16 bucks. That is alot of shooting for the money. It's like Bass says, you get a lube that works and along comes something else. And it's kinda silly since I already have a huge chunk of Felix-Lube that even smells good like a barbershop because of the source of lanolin being from a hair-pressing product. I used some tre-wax brand car polish in a little can from the dump recycling building. It is fun! Surprised it works so well in spite of it not being "perfect-to-the-letter". I found a jar of pure lanolin at the health food store (New Leaf Market) and will try that eventually but the other stuff worked great.

ron brooks
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm doing my part, I've ordered 20 sticks of Carnauba Red, 10 solid and 10 hollow. :) I can't wait for it to get here and give it a go. I've heard so much good about it has a lot to live up to. I'm positive it will.

Ron

Johnch
09-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I also bought some of his fine Carnauba Red .
HE ( Not me ) thought his shipping was to slow because he was out and had to cast some more sticks to fill my order ( just a few days ).
So he sent along some extra sticks and some 50/50 for me to use .

One great guy to deal with .

Johnch

44man
09-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I will forever be sorry that he doesn't live near so we could shoot and hunt together.