PDA

View Full Version : Antimony man/ Buffalo Arms furnace?

Canuck Bob
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
What experience do folks have with this pot.

http://www.theantimonyman.com/elecfurnace.htm

Or this one from Buffalo Arms.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,7445.html

There is a ton of info on the big three pots but I was looking for a mid price quality unit. Any others not covered by RCBS, Lyman, and Lee that would be recomended? Ladle pots and online ordering required, no Chinese.

Canuck Bob
09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Ongoing research suggests both of the above pots may be Waage K4757 pots.

They get good reports on this and other sites. I'll have to check shipment to Canada.

Jon K
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Can't see the label @antrimonyman, but the one from BACO is Waage K-4757.......GREAT POT.

Jon

GLL
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
The cheapest way to buy a Waage K-4757 is to order directly from Waage !

It is a great pot ! :)

Jerry

no34570
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I have the same pot that was used in the review on the antimonymans website from the reviewer,a great mate of mine,he sent it to me,but the 220V one(I think it was).
It is great pot and use it for all my casting of bullets and just use my jet burner :) for smelting.

It is a Waage pot too,highly recommend them.

cajun shooter
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
They are not listed by Wagge. You call and ask for them. The price is around $150 or so now. They are by far the best pot to ladle bullets from.

Canuck Bob
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I checked on the Shiloh forum and found it is a great furnace but no customer support it seems. That's a huge issue in Canada after cross border buying.

I'm beginning to lean to a Lee 20# magnum melter. Decent price and some hope of after sale support.

EDK
09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I checked on the Shiloh forum and found it is a great furnace but no customer support it seems. That's a huge issue in Canada after cross border buying.

I'm beginning to lean to a Lee 20# magnum melter. Decent price and some hope of after sale support.

I had a SAECO for close to 20 years before it quit for good...didn't know of someone to rebuild it.

Next was a LYMAN 20 pound bottom pour...OK but the bottom pour doesn't work well for me...need to have it rebuilt and the bottom pour stuff replaced.

I've had a MAGNUM MELTER for almost 2 years now...I'd buy another in a heart beat! (GRAFS is this side of the sister-in-law's home and the wife visits her often.) Under $55 with tax for a new one...I'd probably buy another and give the old one to someone to tinker with.

:Fire::castmine::redneck: