PDA

View Full Version : white inline question

Chapped Lips
09-04-2010, 11:13 PM
i've had a bison 50cal for several years....decided to pull it and start playing with it again....does anyone cast boolits for their white?.....where would i obtain a mould?....i need to slug it & see if its a .503 or .504...

Old Coot
09-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I''d start with a Bore diameter bullet mold from Lyman, Lee, RcBS, or one of the custom makers.

10 ga
09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I've shot hammer guns and have a Firehawk. Just got a NIB "Bison" and tried it and it shot very nicely with the 270 gr. TC clone over 70 gr of FFF Swiss. I used the BRP mold TC clone boolit and it works just fine. The bands are overbore and it's Rifleing Engraved At Loading re= REAL. There are several mfg. of REAL boolit molds. BRP in the vendor/sponsor section has a nice one that I have and it is good. Lee also has REAL boolit molds. Use SOFT lead and there shouldn't be any problem. I have had occasion where a batch wasn't as soft/pure as I thought and the boolits are bigger and harder and not really useable due to difficulty loading. 10 ga
BRP below
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=58620

Chapped Lips
09-07-2010, 12:13 AM
thanx Old Coot & 10 Gauge....i'll follow up on your suggestions....i'd like to stay in the neighborhood of the original 405 grain Power Punch (?) boolit but am willing to try some different weights & designs....
....any other WHITE muzzleloader lurkers out there?

Underclocked
09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
just a few. :)

Chapped Lips
09-17-2010, 07:04 PM
just a few. :)

another silent majority,eh? [smilie=s: [smilie=s: [smilie=s:

from huntin and peckin my way around the www....... they do get vocal when fired up or fired upon........

makes one kinda wonder if all the W's in "www dot" are some kind of hidden code da Vinci-style ...........:holysheep

staceyporter
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
google no excuses bullets, Dave casts bullets for White Rifles around 25 bucks for a box of 50. he's recommended by Doc White on Doc's website

staceyporter
10-13-2010, 11:11 PM
i've had a bison 50cal for several years....decided to pull it and start playing with it again....does anyone cast boolits for their white?.....where would i obtain a mould?....i need to slug it & see if its a .503 or .504...

I cast bullets for my white whitetail, I have a brother in law that's a machinist and we built a mould that copies the "buckbuster" my bullet ended up 398 grains just a touch off of the ones sold by Doc White(I don't know if his are weighed with or without lube, anyway there darn close) I took an old t/c maxiball mould and copied the blocks so they would fit the handles and sprue cutter, went in and bored the white design at .503 they shoot great out of my .504 also I posted further down where you can get slugs made for the white as recommended by Doc....no excuses bullets 25 bucks for 50 slugs.:castmine:

Bullshop
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Bullshop sells boolits for the White rifles. Some of our designs are from the fertile minds of DWB's members. They know of what they speak. Is that what you were trying to say UC?
$28.00 per 100 in .503", .504", and .5045"