PDA

View Full Version : Lance Cpl. Robert J. Newton, 21 KIA

DCP
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
A young hero is being laid to rest as I write this.

As I watched the funeral possession go by the High School.
I saw not a one, young man or young woman Joking around.
They all understood exactly what they were witnessing.
It brought tears to my eyes.

That these children are our future and we will leave it in good hands.

This is what RJ died for

All gave some, some gave all

Rest in peace Young Hero

Lance Cpl. Robert J. Newton, 21, of Creve Coeur, Ill., died Aug. 23 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, Calif.

Lance Cpl. Robert J. Newton,, was killed by enemy small arms fire while conducting dismounted combat operations against enemy forces in Helmand Province, according to a news release from the Marine Corps.

He was a 2007 graduate of East Peoria Community High School. Newton joined the Marine Corps more than three years ago, enlisting in June 2007. This was his second combat deployment. He was previously deployed to Iraq in 2008.
His personal service awards include the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Presidential Unit Citation, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment and the NATO Medal.

Recluse
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
RIP Corporal Newton, you did your buddies, your unit, the Corps, your hometown, your country and your God proud. You never lost the faith and this beat-up former USAF vet salutes you today and raises a toast to your bravery and your fidelity.

God Bless.

:coffee:

oldUSMCsgt
09-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Semper Fidelis, RJ.

Requiescat in Pace.

WildmanJack
09-03-2010, 04:34 PM
RIP Cpl. Newton, when u get to Heaven say hi to my nephew Sgt. Stephen Sherman KIA Mozul Iraq, Feb 3 2005 . Tell him we all know you guys didn't die in vain..
jack

Throckmorton
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Rest in Peace,brave warrior.

my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

9.3X62AL
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Requiescat in pacem, Marine.

DCP, I agree that young people today fully understand what is at stake overseas, and all of them know someone from their schools or circles of friends who has been killed or wounded fighting the thugs and criminals that have made war on our country and people. They GET IT, even if the fools inside the Beltway don't.

fatnhappy
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Semper Fidelis Marine.

Thecyberguy
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Rest in Peace,brave warrior may GOD keep you now.

My heartfelt condolences to all he has left behind, for they too have lost a piece of their lives.

nicholst55
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Rest in peace, Marine. You are not forgotten.

pmeisel
09-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Semper Fi, RIP, Marine.

DCP
09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
All over the room there were reminders of what was, and what, sadly, what will never be

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x861580211/Fallen-Marine-thought-of-others-first?photo=0

skeettx
09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Attention!
Sir: Lance Cpl. Newton, I salute you.
V/R
M. Lowrey Lt. Col. USAF Ret.

May God bless your family and your naton.

cajun shooter
09-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank You For Your Service to Your Country and for walking where few will go on their own. Your Bravery and Sacrifice will be saluted by all. From a Army 4th Infantry veteran. 65-67

wistlepig1
09-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Semper Fi, rest in pease Marine!

Cherokee
09-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I salute Lance Cpl. Newton for his service and giving all; from 5th Army Vet 66-68

peterthevet
09-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Prayers sent for the family and friends of this brave marine. I hope someone from his family reads these posts............his courage and bravery and sacrifice is recognised not only in his home country but also by many in Australia,New Zealand,Canada and the UK. We are all indebted to this brave soldier.

1Shirt
09-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Semper Fi! Rest in peace Marine!
1Shirt!

smoked turkey
09-04-2010, 11:44 PM
I just attended a military funeral for a friend last week at the veterans cemetary. You can't go to one of those and see all the rows and rows of white stones with the sun reflecting off them and ever be the same.
For Lance Newton, another of our finest. A prince has fallen. Take your rest brave one.

TCLouis
09-05-2010, 09:08 AM
All serving gave some,

Some serving gave all,

So that we could play and rest in peace at home.

God Speed and may you Rest In Peace MARINE

Bret4207
09-06-2010, 07:50 AM
See ya on the other side brother.

Semper fi, Cpl. Bret USMC 79-83

crappiejig
09-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Godspeed Cpl. Newton, Semper Fi

meadmkr
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
RIP LCpl. Newton and condolences to his family

Semper Fi
Chris W.
SSgt USMC
'79-'91

Lloyd Smale
09-08-2010, 06:28 AM
prayers will be said for this hero.

82nd airborne
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Thank you LCpl. Newton, You are in better company now, resting with the rest of the fine heros like yourself who have kept this Country great.

Aaronf F. SGT RET
1/504, 82nd airborne Div
05-09

kennisondan
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I would say that the value of a man can be based on many things; and that extremely high value to me at least, is that of the hero - the one that returns to lead; the one that returns to the seed of the earth; they have the highest of any value of life. They are not just born smart, genetically faster, have some extra size or shape that makes them world class at a sport or acedemic endeavor...
HEROES ARE BUILT BY THEMSELVES WITH GUIDANCE FROM HEROES PAST..
the geniuses who have given us gifts of life, the mystics and holies who have taught and given us peace to aspire to; the inventors... they all have human value, but none so much as the person who acts in accordance with the reality of the word : HERO..
the Hero is the most specially valued of our humanity existant, without heroes there will be no other values and certainly no choices of what one values and whether one pursues those values, has the freedom to pursue some other form of excellancy or to contribute in some other way.. it is the hero that makes all else possible.
Like the second amendment protects the first and all the bill of rights are protected by the two most basic rights, the hero is the conrnerstone of human values all other gradations and types of values would have less chance to flourish or succeed without the heroes.. so I prize them most highly... they are truly cast of a mold they themselves put the finishing touches on.
Once a Marine, always a Marine, once a hero always a Hero, rest now Hero.. rest now Marine... at ease...
you are the giant that others will stand upon; you are the example of how normal people become heroes, by doing heroic things, by being afraid and rightly so but doing it anyway...
Before I am gone to rest no matter what good things others might choose to say about me.. if only it were Hero... if only...

with most sincerity :
dan kennison