PDA

View Full Version : WW Lead free for my taking.

45-70 Chevroner
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
In the last two months I have picked up 10 gallons of ww. I stop about 3 times a month at one of our local tire shops. He doesn't have a lot each time but if I wait longer than a month someone else gets them. The guy is real nice about the whole thing he even loads them in my pickup. He probably looks at this old man and feels sorry for him and besides he is probably worried I might sue him if I hurt my back picking them up.

JJC
09-02-2010, 12:49 AM
It takes my company about six months to fill a 5 gal bucket. When I ask for them I get all kinds of grief from the boss. He tells my how much they want to fill the keel? on his sail boat with lead. I told him to chain a volkswaggon to the bottom and give me the WW.

David2011
09-02-2010, 12:57 AM
JJC,

Maybe you can get with roofers or plumbers and get salvaged pipe and flashing and swap for WW. That would make the tire shop manager happy. He still has ballast; you have WW.

David

SP101GUY
09-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I work at a Honda dealer and I get about 25 pounds of ww every month. I have amased quite a stock pile of ingots in the last year. Can't beat free boolit dough. Just have to bake it up.

AJ

BSkerj
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I am getting a 1 to 1 1/2- 5 gal buckets a week free. I just got done smelting 3/4's of a bucket that I recieved today and it was close to 50/50 lead and steel. Still worth the smelting since it is free but I would be hard pressed to pay more than 25.00 a bucket. I still have close to 2 tons in 55 gal drums that are more like 80% lead 20% steel in my barn that I am just sitting on. I suppose I will just keep doing what I am doing...smelting the buckets as I get them now until they are all steel and zinc in the buckets.

smokemjoe
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Ihave 3 places that save for me now, They like home made wine