PDA

View Full Version : out of stock back order at buff arms.. llllllllll

kennisondan
08-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I had finally made some choices to resemble the bullets that sharp shooter sent to me so I would have a few similar in each weight : around 360 adn 530-... the site did not indicate there would be a backorder.
Now I have to either start over or choose to go elsewhere. I am not much on waiting and want to know when a bullet is not in stock before I plunk the card down for charging it.
Here now are my new questions : I am worried about overall length in my uberti sharps barrel if I use too short a bullet --expecting not to be able to get close enough to the leade , lands or grooves.. in light of that : is a 300 gr. bullet going to be too short; is a bullets made to function in the marlin lever guns going to be short enough to make it tougher to load it up right to the rifling ?
II kind of wanted another heavy long bullet but wanted to stay away from over 30 bucks / 50 of them ... for now at least. I also wanted around 360 for a lighter kicking faster load for deer...
what is a list of bullets you have found to not be especially troublesome to the new BPCR hand ? I

I guess I am asking what is a good deer bullet, should I get the 405 HB to ensure bore fit is likely ? will it engrave the rifling and still leave the grease grooves covered or most of them anyway ? I fully expect to operate carefully and get a pretty good load right off suitable for deer hunting and settle that question and practice with it enough to be quuite proficient. If you picked one bullet for the deer hunter in me what would it be ? 45 70- is quite effetive but I do not want factors operating against me like bullets too short to really maximize the OAL that is often needed for good accuracy.
I saw the other thread on the marlin shooter and he got two good suggestions, but would those be good suggestions for me in my single shot ? I am going to be bying molds after I get at least a little trigger time with what I can purchase.
one last question : in your experience if there is a backlog of orders is it folly to thinik it wil not last long or that the projected date for shipping is going to be a reality ?
If yuou alll provide me a list should I check with them and if they do not have those just cancel and go to midway or sage or someplace else ? should I try to find the saeco mold that cajun sharpshooter dave likes so much in pre fabbed bullets and then start search for that mold ?

I hoe this is clear enough my blood pressure is too low to alllow me to get up and walk without almost blacking out so if I am being stupid just try to see what I am getting at.
I wluld love to come away from this with two choices of bulllets one for huntintg and one for more serious targeting pursuits ..
should I just shoot the 405 HB in some design that is not shortened for short action guns, and scratch the two bullets idea ?

thanks..
I just want to start right shoot soon and not wait for ever for the booliits that will be most likely to shoot well in my repro sharps uberti barrel..
so what is the vote : on most likely to succeed / most likely to shoot satisfactorily if I try to reach the bore with the bullet .. and if I need to shoot a long heavy bullet and you list it.. I will find it .. and am not afraid I will wound a deer with it due to lack of expansion.. I hit double shoulder bones or similar when I do not expect expansion.. they drop right there with such pistol loadings.. so I am OK ..
thaks
\dk

jimmeyjack
08-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't even shop with them because of the lame online ordering system not showing status of items. And yes I know you can call.

missionary5155
08-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Good morning
Deer.. any .45 cast boolit is going to harvest a corn cruncher... They have been popped with small little round balls for hundreds of years. A .45 RB is easily sufficient so any boolit you can load is going to plow that critter.

Wayne Smith
08-30-2010, 08:21 AM
If you are on the East Coast the 320gr Gould HP - 457122 from Lyman - is the traditional choice. Gould designed it for thin skinned game applications.

cajun shooter
08-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Try going to Springfield Slims site. Whyte Leather works. He sells many different bullets to choose from.He is a nice guy to deal with.

kennisondan
08-31-2010, 01:04 AM
thanks to all I am just going to cancel the order completely for now.
I did find them elsewhere
you guys rock
I learn
dk