PDA

View Full Version : F&M reloading

DME72
08-29-2010, 08:32 PM
has anyone on here ever bought anything here.looks like they have great prices.my question is do they ship fast or slow,or should i just go to midway or midsouth shooters supply,or natchez.thanks, doug

fryboy
08-29-2010, 08:35 PM
allow me to offer a lil further reading .... the conclusions u draw will be of course ur own

http://www.handloadersbench.com/view_topic.php?id=6339&forum_id=82&highlight=F%26amp;M

Trifocals
08-29-2010, 09:01 PM
This is a company to avoid! They will claim to have the ordered items in stock, but it takes forever and a day to get your order. They will give you a real ritual of song and dance when you phone to check on your order. My guess is they have very little operating capital and use the customers money to order from the manufacturers. Save yourself a ton of aggravation, spend a few more dollars and place your order with a more reputable firm. I speak from experience. LOL

DME72
08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
thanks for the info.one nevers knows about a online company.i will either go to midway or grafs,heard good things about both companies. doug

RobS
08-29-2010, 09:16 PM
And here from our forum:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=46105&highlight=F%26M

RobS
08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Midsouth is also a good one

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

dangerranger
09-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Ive had good luck with them. from order to delivery is usally 3 to 4 weeks. and prices are great. they have also always shipped all of my orders complete. I guess I just live right! DR

Dale53
09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I've bought a ton of stuff from F&M. I live near them and consider them friends.
I have always been treated well but I fully understand when they can't get it, I don't get it.

Like ALL of the industry this past couple of years, they have had supply problems. (I ordered 20,000 primers and a couple of caddy's of powder from Powder Valley in April and the last of the order came in August). It was NOT Powder Valley's fault - they were victims just like I was.

In these tough times, sometimes you just have to wait. I ALWAYS carry a stock of supplies so I could stand to wait. Sometimes you just have to plan ahead. I feel for the suppliers. Many times they pass on what they have been told in good faith and it doesn't work out.

At one time Powder Valley had over 50 MILLION primers ordered.

Hopefully, things are getting better.

Dale53

home in oz
09-01-2010, 12:53 AM
I frequently use Midway.

Good Service.

XWrench3
09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
i have used midway usa (80%), natchez (10%), brownells (5%), and graf (5%) for my needs. never had a problem with any of their service or shipping times. honestly, i use midway most of the time because of their website. it IS the BEST out there. best descriptions, best photo's, easiest to navagate. anyone who invests that much time and effort, plus customer service that is just plain great, deserves my business.

Crash_Corrigan
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
+1 on the OP above. I have been dealing with Midway for 18 years and they have always come thru for me. Very good customer service. Outstanding selection and a good website that allows me to make my choices at my speed. Excellent records and although I can sometimes get something cheaper at another vendor I go with Midway because they are always the best people to deal with. I also patronize Midsouth, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt, Graf & Sons and Powder Valley but most of my budget goes to Midway.

Shipping is spot on and I always get what I pay for. Now that I am into BPCR I am also using Buffalo Arms and they are a class act. I bought one of their molds for my 50-90 and it is a thing of beauty and gets the job done.

Of course the best to deal with by far is Dillon. Cheap they are not but they stand behind their products 110% and are always willing to give good advice on the phone. RCBS is another winner. Lyman not so much. Lee give good value for the money but they have some clinkers. Rotometals is another supplier that I depend on for quality and good service. Nice people. Ruger is also a nice vendor who will help you out when you ask for help but do not send an Old Model revolver to them and expect to get it back without being updated and modernized to thier standards.

For those little things you want done to a mold or die I highly recommend our member Buckshot. He is reasonable and always honest in all his dealings. Our buddy up North in Alaska at Bullshop is a true Christian and will never steer you wrong.

emorris
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I have used f&m several times. It seems that it is hit or miss wheather the order is shipped the next day or next month. I have found that it is better to call and check if item is in stock before ordering. They do have good prices on their lee products and shipping is 9.99 up to $100 if I remember correctly. Midway also routinely has sales on lee and other reloading products so if is somthing you can do without for a while you may put off getting it until it goes on sale. Midway also has good coustomer service. Grafs is also good to do business with.