PDA

View Full Version : Cast Reloading Manuals

stephen perry
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
There are a few out there most vintage. What you guys got. Not interesed in a link, most links are rehash of somebody elses work. Cast has been around long enough before the Pilgrims, got no use for Pilgrims lousy Indian traders. Interested more in what Aussies and other fereriners do for Cast.

American Dudes, what you guys got in dusty corners of your garage that might be interesting. Hate to say what I got some jealous shooters burn me for my wealth of material, but hey I share I can starighten out most vanilla fudge conservative loaders. I've loaded Cast now in 3 three lifetimes my dads, my Civil war buddies, and my own. One thing about bullets when you get hit you might not have time to find out if it was Cast or jacketed.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Shiloh
08-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Manuals from Sierra, Speer, Nosler, Lyman, LEE,
Also from Hercules, IMR. Winchester, Hodgdon, Accurate, Alliant and Vihtavouri
Many Loadbook USA manuals for nmerous different rifle and pistol cartridges.

Complete Guide to Handloading by Phillip B. Sharp. 1946 edition IIRC.
Ken Waters "Pet Loads" Vol. I and II as well as some supplements.

SHiloh

stephen perry
08-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I too have the Sharpe book, mine is a 1949. Do you have any Cast only or manuals with Cast sections.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Bret4207
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Other than the 3 (4 when the next issue comes out) Lyman cast manuals, the RCBS manual and Wolfes "The Art of Cast Bullets", 3 "Cast Bullet" annuals and of course Naramore, Mattern, Sharpe, Keith, etc. there's not much in real manuals.

In truth the best cast bullet/boolit information found is right here in these web pages.

451whitworth
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
anyone know what the hold up is with the Lyman 4th?

Hardcast416taylor
08-29-2010, 07:53 PM
451 Whitworth. I plan on calling both Mid-South where my order has sat for close to 4 months and Lyman to see what is taking so long.Robert

Bent Ramrod
08-29-2010, 08:56 PM
"Cast Bullets for Beginner and Expert" edited by one of our posters is an excellent source of more advanced concepts and techniques once the basics have been mastered from the Lyman, Ideal, RCBS and other cast bullet handbooks.