PDA

View Full Version : Epa wants to ban all lead ammo/projectiles

Von Dingo
08-28-2010, 11:20 AM
This is something that everyone needs to act on and get the word out.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94797

The ramifications would be staggering. The proposed taxes, and other anti gun ammunition bans could be answered in one fell swoop if this were to go through. Please take ten minutes and a dollar in postage to your representatives.

Trey45
08-28-2010, 11:22 AM
We've got no less than 6 threads on this very topic.

Von Dingo
08-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Sorry, looked around and didn't see them.

Trey45
08-28-2010, 11:28 AM
The EPA rejected the ban, btw.

http://politics.usnews.com/news/wash...-protests.html

Von Dingo
08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
I did a search after your first post and saw that. Thanks though, I too am prone to some knee jerking.

Dframe
08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Note the usual "Progressive compliant" headline about the EPA "Surrendering" to the NRA.
As if the EPAs over reaching was the right thing to do and the evil NRA stopped them. The only thing missing was a quote from some young mother crying about the tradgedy of "lead based" bullets.
And a few people STILL believe in journalism.

qajaq59
08-28-2010, 01:04 PM
And a few people STILL believe in journalism Yup, and some think the earth is flat as well..........

honus
08-28-2010, 08:10 PM
The EPA has become the "enforcement" arm of the Libs. We may have won this recent battle, but the war is ongoing. Drilling for oil, air cooled engines (Harley), etc. are also in their sights.

melchior
08-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Cross posted from another thread, here is the EPA's response:
http://www.epa.gov/oppt/chemtest/pub...n_Response.pdf

MT Gianni
08-28-2010, 08:47 PM
http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d0cf6618525a9efb85257359003fb69d/48d939b5009411038525778c00768006!OpenDocument

This link might work better.

MtGun44
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
As I understand it, the EPA is specifically prohibited from regulating ammunition.

Bill

JIMinPHX
08-28-2010, 11:31 PM
air cooled engines (Harley), etc. are also in their sights.

What's their misguided rationale on that one?

geargnasher
08-29-2010, 01:19 AM
What's their misguided rationale on that one?

High combustion temps of air-cooled engines = increased NoX emissions (same with Diesel engines), and NoX has been the CARB and EPA's nutbag trumpet for the last couple of years, right along with formaldehyde and CO2.

The popular destruction of the last visages of production in this country are based on such bandwagons. They've outlawed or regulated the harmful stuff, now they are on to inventing new ways to prove the remaining things are harmful, getting the media on the bandwagon with "green" catch-phrases and hate-mongering propaganda, then on to representatives and congressmen, you know the rest.

Quick, tell all the tree-hugging, whale-saving, tofu-munching, VOLKSWAGON BUS DRIVING, washed-up hippies that, according to their own experts, their air-cooled engines have been destroying the planet for the last fifty years!!!! How do you like THAT?:razz:

Gear

calaloo
08-29-2010, 07:50 AM
The EPA has backed off on this. No fear for the moment. Still thinking about sinkers though.

qajaq59
08-29-2010, 07:54 AM
If you not an NRA member, and you aren't registered to vote, NOW is a good time to do both!!!!!

seppos
08-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Maybe I am stupid when I question this panic of lead and the talks about its poisonous effects..
Here in Finland we have one very famous ants nest.. It is a bit to the heavy side, because the ants desided to built it from LEAD SHOTS..
With my little brains I can not understand how come there is still ants in it and that it actually becomes bigger every year.. If the lead is so harmful and poisonous, how come the ants.. so tiny incects are not harmed in any way..?
MAYBE.. Because the Lead oxidices when it is in open air..
It creates its own protective shell that prevents the lead to spread.
http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/seppos_photos/muurahaiskeko-1.jpg

S

Dean D.
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Seppos, the problem lies in logic. Whereas your ants are obviously logical thinkers and builders, our liberal eco fanatics are not. Go figure.

Trey45
08-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I learn something new every day. Until just now I had no idea that Finland was the home to SUPER ANTS who are impervious to the perils and evils of lead.

Dean D, when trying to use logic on libtards, you have to remember it's like a foreign language with them.

seppos
08-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Well.. we are a bit of a rare breed.. as Koskela said in Unknown Soldier.. "I am Koskela from Finland.. I eat Iron and **** chain!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utRh6P8OmWE&feature=related
Maybe the ants are a bit same here..

S

captain-03
08-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Note the usual "Progressive compliant" headline about the EPA "Surrendering" to the NRA.
As if the EPAs over reaching was the right thing to do and the evil NRA stopped them. The only thing missing was a quote from some young mother crying about the tradgedy of "lead based" bullets.
And a few people STILL believe in journalism.

Well, I do not believe the NRA position on the issue was the reason the EAP rejected it .... Too political of an issue so close to the Nov elections ... the administration can ill afford ANOTHER issue so opposed by many .... This was a political decision, IMHO.

AZ-Stew
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
My understanding (from something I read about this in the last couple of days is that the EPA can't regulate anything that is "excise taxed", therefore ammo can't be regulated by them. That said, if I recall correctly, all fishing tackle is also taxed for Pitman-Robertson, so they shouldn't have any jurisdiction over sinkers, either.

Regards,

Stew

9.3X62AL
08-29-2010, 07:58 PM
EPA is tuned in to the reality of the situation--gun rights and associated questions related to same are becoming another "third rail of politics", just like Social Security--touch either, and DIE.

Any leftist twit that isn't keenly aware that the blood is on the water isn't listening. The more of these Cal-Berzerkly refried Mastercard Marxists we can jettison on Nov. 2, the better.

Shiloh
08-31-2010, 08:29 AM
EPA backed off.

As mentioned, the NRA had influence, but NOT NEARLY the influence that main stream media made it out to be. For them, just another easy gift shot at the NRA.

The elections have a lot to do with it. The main thing about EPA's position, is that they have no legal authority to make policy. Not that this is an issue so much, but this one is coupled to the election, a two fold problem for EPA. They don't have the legal authority, and, as previously stated, will more than likely be dealing with a not so friendly congress due to Republican gains.

On the bright side for EPA though, The administrator is Lisa Jackson, an Afro-American. Look for her to play the leftist trump card. If you disagree with her or her policies, it will have little to do with that they aren't legal, practical, enforceable, or make any sense. It will be because you are a racist.

Coming soon to a location near you.

Shiloh

Down South
08-31-2010, 11:05 PM
the ants desided to built it from LEAD SHOTS..

I wish that I could train the fire ants around here to do that. It would make scrounging lead easier.

seppos
09-01-2010, 04:30 AM
I bet that in one of the thousands and thousands of shooting ranges that you have there is already ants that know the value of lead shots..;)
You just have to track them and bring them to your own range..
I just think what might the greenies think afterwards when they hear that in every american shooting range the ants are collecting the shots and boolits to nice piles for the casters to be recycled..;)

S

Fatman
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
My understanding (from something I read about this in the last couple of days is that the EPA can't regulate anything that is "excise taxed", therefore ammo can't be regulated by them. That said, if I recall correctly, all fishing tackle is also taxed for Pitman-Robertson, so they shouldn't have any jurisdiction over sinkers, either.

Regards,

Stew

AZ,

I hope the heck it's found that they don't have jurisdiction over sinkers, that's my game, fishing tackle. But I like guns, and the experience of lead mixtures on this site is amazing and I've learned a lot.

Fatman