PDA

View Full Version : The LAST STRAW

Just1Mor
08-27-2010, 02:13 PM
This article I read is a clear sign that these fools in our government or out of their realm. Ladies and gents it’s time to get pissed, and not like before because if we keep waiting for others to stop these guys, we’ll have nothing left……

http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/epa-reviewing-request-ban-led-bullets

Dannix
08-27-2010, 03:26 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if this does pass it will only separate the wheat from the chaff as far as the ammo companies are concerned -- the good ones will remind the EPA they have no jurisdiction to make such a decision.

Been here before -- ATF declared a deflagrant an explosive. The rocketry community took it to court, and it was reversed.

45nut
08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
only .gov can think the following makes any sense at all....

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=195493

This is why there are no jobs in America
Posted: August 24, 2010
10:37 pm Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

I'd like to make you a business offer.

Seriously. This is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me down, as you'll come to understand in a moment...

Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business you're in – as long as it's legal.

But I can't give you any capital – you have to come up with that on your own. I won't give you any labor – that's definitely up to you. What I will do, however, is demand you follow all sorts of rules about what products and services you can offer, how much (and how often) you pay your employees, and where and when you're allowed to operate your business. That's my role in the affair: to tell you what to do.

Now in return for my rules, I'm going to take roughly half of whatever you make in the business each year. Half seems fair, doesn't it? I think so. Of course, that's half of your profits.

You're also going to have to pay me about 12 percent of whatever you decide to pay your employees because you've got to cover my expenses for promulgating all of the rules about who you can employ, when, where, and how. Come on, you're my partner. It's only "fair."

Now ... after you've put your hard-earned savings at risk to start this business, and after you've worked hard at it for a few decades (paying me my 50 percent or a bit more along the way each year), you might decide you'd like to cash out – to finally live the good life.

Whether or not this is "fair" – some people never can afford to retire – is a different argument. As your partner, I'm happy for you to sell whenever you'd like ... because our agreement says, if you sell, you have to pay me an additional 20 percent of whatever the capitalized value of the business is at that time.

I know, I know. You put up all the original capital. You took all the risks. You put in all of the labor. That's all true. But I've done my part, too. I've collected 50 percent of the profits each year. And I've always come up with more rules for you to follow each year. Therefore, I deserve another, final 20 percent slice of the business.

Oh ... and one more thing.

Even after you've sold the business and paid all of my fees, I'd recommend buying lots of life insurance. You see, even after you've been retired for years, when you die, you'll have to pay me 50 percent of whatever your estate is worth.

After all, I've got lots of partners and not all of them are as successful as you and your family. We don't think it's "fair" for your kids to have such a big advantage. But if you buy enough life insurance, you can finance this expense for your children.

All in all, if you're a very successful entrepreneur, if you're one of the rare, lucky, and hard-working people who can create a new company, employ lots of people, and satisfy the public, you'll end up paying me more than 75 percent of your income over your life. Thanks so much.

I'm sure you'll think my offer is reasonable and happily partner with me, but it doesn't really matter how you feel about it because if you ever try to stiff me – or cheat me on any of my fees or rules – I'll break down your door in the middle of the night, threaten you and your family with heavy, automatic weapons, and throw you in jail.

That's how civil society is supposed to work, right? This is Amerika, isn't it?

That's the offer Amerika gives its entrepreneurs. And the idiots in Washington wonder why there are no new jobs.

waksupi
08-27-2010, 03:37 PM
#6.....

wistlepig1
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
After finding out about this I have call the "head Dumbies"in Colorado and told them that the last thing we need is another thing that kill jobs. Here in Colorado a lot of people make there living from fishing and hunting and the jobs related to them. That there is no good substute for pure lead for blackpowder shooters and I WILL VOTE in Nov.
But I am afraid they have something up their sleeves with the election in Nov. I know, I know, it can't happen here. IMHO

Bret4207
08-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Anyone willing to take the helm and organize campaigns against just this type of lunacy is more than welcome to take over stopguncontrol.com

wistlepig1
08-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Bert, did you see the story in NY about the township that gave 6 votes to spanish person to 1 vote of whites, and it was upheld by a Judge, in the name of diversity? The area is called port Chester NY and the Judge is Stephen Robinson, I dont know were that is BUT what about " one man one vote"!

spqrzilla
08-27-2010, 09:51 PM
The EPA already announced denial of the petition with respect to ammunition.

Artful
08-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Yep,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/27/epa-rejects-calls-ban-lead-ammo-fishing-tackle/?test=latestnews

looks like drudge report sort of kicked some common sense into 'em
http://politics.usnews.com/news/washington-whispers/articles/2010/08/27/epa-surrenders-to-nra-on-gun-control-issue-epa-rejects-attempt-to-regulate-lead-in-bullets-after-nra-protests.html

Buckshot
08-28-2010, 01:56 AM
.............Of course this is only one year after the lead ammo ban in the Condor range, but several Condors here in California have been retested per schedule and it's been found that the majority of them have higher lead levels then the year before. The California Rifle and Pistol Assoc reported the info from the Ca Dept of Fish & Game (who were AGAINST the ammo ban in the first place). The CD-F&G originally said the studies used to argue for the ban had no scientific standing.

...............Buckshot

Dannix
08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
We'll see what happens long-tmer, but so far Obama and co. have been the best thing to ever happen to the gun industry. :lol:

Harter66
08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Working where I do means we average 29 hours per year in Haz-Mat classes ,just for my job class others spend much more. 1 of our very knowledgable instructers ,he takes all of the 30 page sections and makes scense out of them in laymans english,stated and presented dated info ,long gone from my possesion, that showed dates and cases backed by unofficial memos that amounted to "The EPA shall not enforce ,no matter how plain it appears,any regulatory action on shooting ranges or funerary/burial facilities". The instructors quote to my best memory. The smart donkey in my head says "that's cause they wanna look good after they get shot dead" sensablility says can you imagine the super fund sign at Forest hills or Arlington? Armed rebellion might follow range closures and out west people will just go further out in the desert anyway.