PDA

View Full Version : Think I might...

dk17hmr
09-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Have a good source for WW. I stopped a tire shop today and dropped off 100 lead head jigs that I made to say "thanks" for giving me 20 pounds of WW last month. The owner was sitting there I walked it said thanks and asked him to split them up and share with the guys in the shop he agreed. As I was walkin away headed for the door he said "think you can make some sinkers, my 7 year old goes through alot on the Rifle", rifle is a river alot of folks bass fish one around here. I told him " ya got some more WW I can make ya some up.

So I got another 20 pounds today for about $5, the cost of the hooks in the jigs. Looks like I will be getting more WW for him to.

versifier
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Maybe that would be a good use for the zinc ones.....

357maximum
09-05-2006, 11:35 PM
DK

You up by Omer someplace?

Used to go to the spring sucker malay up there, I think I did anyway, I came-I saw-I fished--I don't remember much else.. Crazy place in April for sure, too old for that crap now, well most the time anyway.

Michael

dk17hmr
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Omer....when I tell people where I live I tell em the name of my town and they say where? I say about 6 miles south of Omer and they say oh ya we sucker fish up there. Omer is about 1/8th the size of Standish but people know where its at.

Sucker fishing is a riot, or you could say Sucker Drinkin, either way.

357maximum
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I know where standish is too,,I have to go through it to get to OMER. Ha ha

Ahh sucker drinking, good times-- good times--I think if I remember correctly.

Last time I was there I caught a walleye over 9.5 pounds, too bad it was not walleye season..I thought I caught something else also, but DOC said it was only a rash..crazy place that OMER.

I am 20 miles south of Alma.

Michael

Dutch4122
09-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Been through both Standish & Omer many a time on the way to Deer Camp in Hubbard Lake. Always enjoy that half of the drive the most. Getting away from the rat-race on the US-23 expressway and heading Northeast towards the Sunrise Side!

dk17hmr
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
That Rat race on US-23 is my back yard. I live off of 23 by about a mile and a half but you can see it from the back deck across the fields. But for being so close you would be suprised as to the number of critters I get on our 40 and the neighbors 80.

20 miles south of Alma semi close to where I go to college down in Owosso.

StarMetal
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I live about 5 miles off US23, now called US26/US23, but it's in TN

Joe