PDA

View Full Version : whisker bisket.....

dk17hmr
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
No not what your thinking...this one is for my bow. I was having issues with my drop away rest so I **** canned it and bought a bisket. I just got it today mounted it and wow what a difference. This rest incases the arrow holding it with well whiskers. I know I am going to catch some **** when I shoot with my buddies a few claim they are for beginners and wont mount one on their bows.

The problem with this rest is that it slows the arrow. I shot with it over the chrony, 8fps big deal. My bow is still shooting 265fps pulling 65 pounds. My bow is rated for 315fps at 70 pounds. I suppose I could make it a little heavier pull to get me back up to 275-280 but I reckon 100gr razor sharp Muzzy at 265 is good enough for anything.

I also changed my peep out to a tubeless, with the new rest and the new peep you cant really hear it until the arrow hits the target.

I will post pics later after I get it sighted in and such.

jballs918
09-05-2006, 02:21 PM
dk i also got one on my parker. i love it. the arrow is nice and firm in mount. and they are very reliable. good luck wiht it and hve fun

waksupi
09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Heck Doug, you're still a hundred fps or so faster than my longbow, or recurve. They kill just fine. And I shoot from the shelf! The more gizmos you have, the more can go wrong when you really need them!

kenjuudo
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Heck Doug, you're still a hundred fps or so faster than my longbow, or recurve. They kill just fine. And I shoot from the shelf! The more gizmos you have, the more can go wrong when you really need them!

A little cheaper too...I have a Zwickey broadhead that is ready for it's 17th deer.

Ric, you tied flint yet?

jim

waksupi
09-05-2006, 10:15 PM
A little cheaper too...I have a Zwickey broadhead that is ready for it's 17th deer.

Ric, you tied flint yet?

jim

No, I haven't tried flint. I have a friend who is a very good knapper, make me a set of six hunting points. Too pretty to shoot, so they are display queens! I do know of a guy who went to Siberia, and killed a brown bear, with a sinew backed bow, and flint tips. He must have to haul his balls around in a wheelbarrow.

obssd1958
09-06-2006, 12:11 AM
DK,

I have had a whisker biscuit on my bow for the last 3 seasons. I started with the original and then swapped it out for the Quick load. I love it. It really shows it's stuff in spot and stalk. You can nock the arrow early and it won't fall off the rest, even when you're crawling in the last few yards!!

Congratulations on what I think is a great choice!

Don

Waksupi,

I also have 5 recurves, including a very nice Kodiak, but I must admit, I have not put in enough serious practice time with them to even THINK about using them for hunting. I do love the feel of drawing, releasing, and watching the arrow find it's home - without aiming - though!!

versifier
09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
All I use is a recurve, and as I'm fond of saying, nothing in the freezer has ever complained about it. :mrgreen: Ric, if you can hit a partridge with an arrow, I take off my hat to you - I get few enough with my shotgun! I haven't tried flint or obsidian yet, but if a decent one came into my posession, you can bet I would try it out in a minute.

A lot of the compound bow shooters around here use the whisker biskits, including two of my fellow Bow Hunter Ed Instructors. After some very convincing demonstrations on Field Day after the course is complete, many of our students express great interest and enthusiasm in them. They seem to be rugged and pretty much idiot proof, especially when compared to some of the other rests on the market.

The kids do get a chuckle or two looking at the wooden "telephone poles" I shoot, until they see what I can do with them. I think it gives them a much greater appreciation of history.

waksupi
09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
DK,

I
Waksupi,

I also have 5 recurves, including a very nice Kodiak, but I must admit, I have not put in enough serious practice time with them to even THINK about using them for hunting. I do love the feel of drawing, releasing, and watching the arrow find it's home - without aiming - though!!

Fairly easy to aim. I point my bow fist at what I want to hit, concentrate on the spot. I'm vaguely aware of the arrow in my periferal vision, aligned on the target. The release is the main thing. After enough shooting, you seem to get "lucky" more often, at hitting the target. When I'm doing good with my concentration, I can keep all the arrows in four inches at twenty yards, and I pretty much limit myself to that, or closer.

dk17hmr
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I am very please with it thus far. I paper tuned it and I am starting to shoot groups with it. I have been climbing up on the roof and shooting down at my block target, for "treestand" hunting. My bear season starts on the 25 of this month and I plan on using my compound.

My buddies and I have a 3d shoot this weekend to hit up so I have been tweeking and sighting in out to 30 yards so far. Most ever shoot we go on ends up with money on the best score.

I was worried about my FPS not much but a little so I upped the poundage to 67 pounds, I can make a smooth pull with that and it gets me back to where I was. I love shooting when I get started I cant stop so today I shot 100 arrows or so about that yesterday, right now my arm is a little tender. Ah well it'll be better tomorrow.