PDA

View Full Version : Precision Bullets

Cleatis1234
08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Anyone know anything about Precision Bullets?

They're coated with some sort of hard casing, supposed to eliminate lead fouling the barrel. Sort of like an M&M.

They're not much more expensive than hardcast lead bullets, and if they'll eliminate the leading issue that my 9mm's have, they may be worth the extra $3.00/1000.

I used the search function, nothing came up, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

pistolman44
08-24-2010, 01:26 AM
I used them for years in all my 45ACP's. Up to 5gr of Titegroup and good accuracy and no leading. Now I tried them in my S&W 625 revolver and had a lot of a leading in the barrel. I think it was because the revolver had deep lands in the barrel. But in my 45 auto's no leading at all. I have about 250 230gr RN left. I haven't shot them in awhile since I got back into casting my own boolits and shoot my 625 more. I kept my loads around 875 fps. and never had a leading problem. I think they are located in Texas.

Bret4207
08-24-2010, 07:07 AM
I have no information on Precision Bullets. My suggestion would be to find boolits that fit your gun. That's the key to avoiding leading and obtaining accuracy. Hardness and coatings have little to do with it.

GeneT
08-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I shoot Precision in .40 and .45 and they've been great. They are a moly-composite coated bullet. The big advantage over cast, imo, is that PB are quite a bit less smokey - which I require for IPSC competition.

My only gripe is that they occasionally get in arrears on their shipping and can be backordered for a while - I just order a case ahead.

GsT

Cleatis1234
08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks all for the quick feedback.

Cleatis1234
08-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I shoot Precision in .40 and .45 and they've been great. They are a moly-composite coated bullet. The big advantage over cast, imo, is that PB are quite a bit less smokey - which I require for IPSC competition.

My only gripe is that they occasionally get in arrears on their shipping and can be backordered for a while - I just order a case ahead.

GsT

Am I reading that right?: Lead is less smokey than the Precision Bullets?

It doesn't matter to me whether or not the round is smokey (so long as it doesn't obscure my sight picture), just trying to get clarification of your post.

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to see if I can save a few bucks over jacketed bullets, though Precision Delta (not the same company as Precision Bullet) has excellent prices on jacketed 9mm bullets.

Again, thanks for the info.