PDA

View Full Version : Beretta U22 Neos

Arisaka99
08-20-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm thinking of getting one and want to know what you guys that have one think of it. Advantages and disadvantages. Pics would be nice too!!! ;) I want the 6in model blued bc its cheaper, with either blue grips or black grips.

GT27
08-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Have a 6" model,love it! Pull the trigger and it goes bang every time!!Accuracy is almost on par with my 22/45 but not quite there...I ordered the carbine kit to switch it over,this has been a much anticipated arrival amongst us dedicated Neo's owners! It's the type of weapon you either like, or you don't based on first impressions!!!
http://i36.tinypic.com/nqehj7.jpg http://i34.tinypic.com/m94om1.jpg http://i37.tinypic.com/2istikk.jpg

Arisaka99
08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I wanted the carbine kit, but i thought it was a felony to make a rifle to a pistol? I am almost there, I am saving up to get it. Do you know where to get a magazine loader? I was looking at a HKS one that slides over the body of the mag and clips around the bottom. Midway sells one that the mag slides into, and it loads it all by itself. You pour a box of ammo into it like a 10/22 loader and then shake it and it fills it up. I find them on GB, but I tried to do something, but it said something about not having a credit card, so im trying to buy it locally.

Trey45
08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Turning a rifle into a pistol is a felony without the correct paperwork and tax stamp. Turning a pistol into a rifle is not against the law.

frankenfab
08-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I have the Neos and a S&W 22S. They are about the same price. I like shooting the smith better, not knocking the Neos, though. My Smith has the green laminate target grips, and I think the rubber ones they are selling on most of the the Smiths now suck.

Arisaka99
08-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Why would they make the kit if it was a felony to interchange it? I think that its stupid to do it if they(Beretta) know that its a felony. I wonder if they make a silencer for the neos? Or a threaded barrel. You could probably have a custom one made by a machinist?

another gsxr 1k
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
For roughly the same money, you should also have a look at the Browning Buckmarks. The "Camper" models around here are running about $279-299. I have an older one that has proven to be quite dependable and accurate.

Arisaka99
08-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Ok, i will check it out.

GT27
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
It's a felony if you use the pistol barrel on the carbine stock kit, if you get caught using them together.:roll:Nothing shorter than a 16" barrel on a rifle configuration according to the BATFE:brokenimaYou can switch it back and forth,pistol to carbine legally! You cannot have the pistol barrel installed on the carbine stock,to be in lawful accordance!!!!!:coffeecom A lot of unclear rumors and mis-statements floating around about these!!I don't know how they can be any clearer on this?:roll::roll:

Arisaka99
08-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Thank you for clarifying that. I saw some on GB for 252, is that a reasonable price? I also saw one for 218, it was a buy now auction.

GT27
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Considering I paid $219.00 OTD a year ago,I would have to say It's good!! The carbine kit cost me $199.00 on GB. $450.00 may seem a little steep to tie up in a Target/plinker weapon,inc. red dot reflex,but look at it this way,you will have the option of 2 great weapons in one!!

Arisaka99
08-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Well I have a GB acct, but idk if i can bid, because i tried and it said something about a credit card. But bass pro has them for 260 and Bob's gun shop has them for 299 so idk, but how does it work when you buy it on gunbroker?

GT27
08-25-2010, 08:33 PM
On GB I call the seller after the auction to give the CC info over the phone.[smilie=w:A email from the seller will be sent to you with the info. You will have to have the weapon sent to your FFL and then a transfer to you will take place.Most FFL dealers charge anywhere from $10.00 to $40.00 depending on your area.You will need your FFL to send a current fax of their FFL Lic. to ship to yours, a copy of his will be in the box for your FFL dealer,I hope this isn't confusing...:?[smilie=s:

Here's mine after the morph,took all of 2 minutes!!

http://i37.tinypic.com/bhezjr.jpg Cell pic

Arisaka99
08-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Ok, I am not 18 or 21. Im 15 and my mom said as long as I have the money I can get it. I have a profile on GB, but IDK, im thinking about just going and getting one from Bass Pro Shops for 250.

Trey45
08-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Why would they make the kit if it was a felony to interchange it? I think that its stupid to do it if they(Beretta) know that its a felony. I wonder if they make a silencer for the neos? Or a threaded barrel. You could probably have a custom one made by a machinist?

They didn't make a felony kit, if you use the kit Beretta offers, using the new full length barrel, as it is intended to be used, you are safe. How is this unclear? If you are thinking of just putting the rifle stock on the pistol and not using th full length barrel included with every kit, then you are at fault and in violation of the law, not Beretta. By definition, the stock and the 16 inch barrel make the neos a rifle. By definition, the stock and original barrel make the neos an SBR, which you must have a tax stamp and prior approval for.

GT27
08-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Ok, I am not 18 or 21. Im 15 and my mom said as long as I have the money I can get it. I have a profile on GB, but IDK, im thinking about just going and getting one from Bass Pro Shops for 250.

Good deal Arisaka99,I think you are making the right choice!:bigsmyl2:

Arisaka99
08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I like the all blued, but i think I might save up and get the inox, but you are just paying for looks. I can just as easily get the full blued and have it next week or the week after. Then i gotta buy a boresnake and learn to field strip it and I think thats all I need, not to mention ammo and extra mags :D !! oh the joys of buying acc. mags for 20$ a shot at least. If I missed anything, plz let me know. ;)

GT27
08-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Field stripping the Neo's is a breeze! 1 round nut located forward of the trigger guard is what holds the barrel on the receiver.The rest is a piece of cake![smilie=f: BTY I shot the carbine kit today,dime size groups at 25 yards with Wally World 550 Federal bulk pack!![smilie=p:[smilie=s:

Arisaka99
08-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah it is, all you gotta do is unscrew the nut and let the slide go forward and pull it off the frame, then you can grab the firing pin and and pull the trigger and take it off. I may eventually get the carbine conv. kit, before nobama takes away the ability to get it.

GT27
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Good luck,and keep us updated!

Arisaka99
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok, so up to now, Bob's gun shop has only the inox in, and Bass Pro has them for 270 now.

Arisaka99
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I may be getting it tomorrow afternoon. We have doc appts all day tomorrow, so it might not happen, but it might. Hopefully, it wont take too long for my mom to get cleared w/ the po- po ;) But if it does, we have the whole store to look around while we wait. Can you get the carbine kit from a place like bass pro? or do you have to get it from a dealer?

GT27
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Dunno Chris,I haven't dealt with BPS at all.The usual average going price for the CK is $199.00 to $289.00...Good luck!

Arisaka99
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
ok, my mom decided to buy it for herself, so now it is hers. It had red grips, and a knock off case, it really sucks!!( the case)

GT27
09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Go to your nearest Wally World and get some Federal 550 bulk packs and let the fun begin!![smilie=p::bigsmyl2:

Arisaka99
09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh, I already bought one, Im gonna teach her how to use it next weekend.

GT27
09-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Good news,let us know how it goes...

Arisaka99
09-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Will do, I think she is gonna like it nore than shethinks, and want to shoot a lot more.

Arisaka99
09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
If I were to keep that as a quick grab gun I've thought of putting CCI mini mags because its a better defense .22 round.

Arisaka99
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
We are going to the range tomorrow. I dont know if she wants to go to the indoor or outdoor range, but either way, we are going. :)

orangezuk
09-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I sure you've already fondled one so it's prob not any concern, funny grip angle for me. Bought one through the NRA instructor program and sold it soon after. I think it was the "universal target style grip" it just didn't feel right in my hand. Check it out, best of luck.

Arisaka99
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I like it, I have kinda big hands, but it feels great!

mckutzy
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
i have one, 6"blued model. i like it, it kinda has a weird grip, but after shooting it, i was taking a beter shine to it. im still experimenting on the ammo it likes, but all the bulk packs shoot it good.
Up here in Canada with the neos, it doesnt matter about the sbr or stock on with the pistol barrel. thats one law im glad we dont have to deal with up here, but im damb jealous about having an AK.
I have been looking for that stock for a wile now. Im betting here it will be just as expensive as the gun itself.
over all.. its a cool gun.

Arisaka99
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Well, we have yet to shoot it, but I want to take it squirrel hunting!!!

tward
09-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Picked up my Neos 22 today, did a cleaning and took it to the range. Put 180 roungs through it with no Failure to Fire, and only 3 failures to load! I put 37gr WW bulk pack through it, not great accuracy but good and reliable. Remington Golden bullets feed well also with good accuracy. Federal 31 gr hypervelocity it did not care for, 3 failure to load! Accuraccy also poor. PMC match fed and fired reliably wil very good accuracy. CCI CB Long was fairly accurate, but of course doesn't cycle the slide. CCI Stingers, reliable feed and fire with average accuracy.CCI MINI-MAG V did not want to feed reliably and had average accuracy.CCI MINI-MAG 40 gr solid fed well and had good accuracy.
Trigger needs work but function of the Neos was good, just couldn't get the windage screw to move.( any suggestions?) Also the trigger is long and gritty and heavy.
Also mounted an old phantom 1.3x scope on it and it worked well.
Tim

Arisaka99
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Use the scope is my suggestion. :)

tward
09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks Chris for the suggestion, but I just had to get that windage screw working, applied heat discovered 1. it loosened the red locktite on the srew so it could be moved, 2. the rear sight blade is plastic and melted! Live and learn, ordered new sight blade fron Brownell's and some extra magazines. Shot in a Community Pistol Match tonight, a little hard with partially melted sight. I did really poorly but had fun!
:roll: Tim

Arisaka99
09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, thats all that really matters right? ;P

tward
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Well I got my replacement rear sight for my Bretta Neos (Brownells-really quick service! also picked up 3 replacement magazines.) Got around to replacing the sight last nite, fairly easy, 1 remove old sight (small pliers messy!) 2 Retract the sight adjustment spring (bent tiny hook in a paper clip, Very strong spring) 3 while keeping the spring fully retracted insert the new sight 4 release spring and tighten adjustment screw. ( I kept the adjustment screw in place but very loose after nearly losing the spring!
Had 1 failure to fire yesterday, CCI 40 gr standard, looked like a light firing pin strike, fire on second try.
Tim:smile:

Arisaka99
09-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Thats good, have fun. I want to take it squirrel hunting really bad!!!!