PDA

View Full Version : Ingot

44man
08-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I just was given a large ingot marked Imperial, stereo dept. It seems a little harder then pure.
Any ideas? I can't find anything on the net.

qajaq59
08-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Stereo lead was the lead for the machines that made the spacers that went between the linotype lines. And also the plates for the old presses. Just consider it to be lino and you'll be close enough.

XWrench3
08-19-2010, 07:21 AM
i think sterotype is a little harder than linotype. yep, more tin and antimony. bookmark this web address for future refference. http://www.lasc.us/CastBulletAlloy.htm

44man
08-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Super, thanks guys. Looks like I hit a mother load. A neighbor picks up scrap and the ingot was found sticking out of the ground on a farm. It is in like new condition with just the surface a little black.

dragonrider
08-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I would start diggin right now, there is probably and ingot mine there.

Bass Ackward
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Super, thanks guys. Looks like I hit a mother load. A neighbor picks up scrap and the ingot was found sticking out of the ground on a farm. It is in like new condition with just the surface a little black.

If it ain't new enough or it's too dirty for ya, I'll recycle it.

Lead stores real good under ground. I know where there is close to a ton of pure that is being stored. Stuff is in 4 foot by 14" sheets 1/2" thick. I'm just too lazy to cut it up so I use other sources first.

44man
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
If it ain't new enough or it's too dirty for ya, I'll recycle it.

Lead stores real good under ground. I know where there is close to a ton of pure that is being stored. Stuff is in 4 foot by 14" sheets 1/2" thick. I'm just too lazy to cut it up so I use other sources first.
I will trade you, send the ton and I will send the ingot! [smilie=w:

XWrench3
08-19-2010, 07:33 PM

just leave it there. if the idiots in washington get there way, it will be law that all lead be permanantly banned. if that happens, everybody's supply will dry up real fast. if it happens that way, you are going to want to find a way to "harvest" it at night, WITHOUT lights!