PDA

View Full Version : Yikes!!!

JDL
09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
A couple of days ago I was over visiting a friend, Jim, who was trying to get a fellows inline to shoot. The guy had brought some of Jim Shockleys Gold imitation powder sticks to use for sighting in and Jim said it only went poof and the boolit hit the ground before the 25 yard target. He failed to get the darn stuff to shoot at all and didn't wonder that the new fellow was having a problem. I believe Jim was going to suggest triple 7 for the newbie to use. As I was about to leave, Jim said to check the price marked on the container.......$28.95 per 10 oz.!!!! Wow, talk about sticker shock! -JDL

omgb
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
For the T7 or the Gold Immitation? IIRC, T7 was $22 a lb two years ago when I tried it. It was OK...I'm not buying any more.

mooman76
09-03-2006, 11:26 PM
What kind of primmer was he using? Sounds to me like it didn't light and needs a hotter primmer like 209's.

JDL
09-04-2006, 09:01 AM
What kind of primmer was he using? Sounds to me like it didn't light and needs a hotter primmer like 209's.
Don't know the brand, but was primed with 209's. -JDL

44man
09-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I have read many posts on a bunch of sites complaining about that stuff. Shockey must be getting a lot of money for the adds. How do we know he actually uses the stuff on his hunts? He could be blowing smoke up our a$%** just to make money.
Me? I will stick to black powder, I know it fires.

ssgt
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
.....................Me? I will stick to black powder, I know it fires.

Amen!

JDL
09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I have read many posts on a bunch of sites complaining about that stuff. Shockey must be getting a lot of money for the adds. How do we know he actually uses the stuff on his hunts? He could be blowing smoke up our a$%** just to make money.
Me? I will stick to black powder, I know it fires.

Shockey lost all credibility for me a few years ago in an artical he wrote for Petersen's Hunting magazine and I haven't put much faith in anything else he has had a hand in.
Yep, black fires in my .54 caplock, .54 flint, and .36 flint. What more does anyone need? I just have to wonder though, how much longer we can obtain it. -JDL

50 Caliber
09-13-2006, 04:26 AM
Oh please tell me there is not some butt hole politician out there trying to get our Black powder outlawed!!!!! I hate that fake crap.

Old Ironsights
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh please tell me there is not some butt hole politician out there trying to get our Black powder outlawed!!!!! I hate that fake crap.

There is always someone trying to get it regulated away. That's why noone carries it and you have to buy it over the web at $10-18/lb, min 4lbs, + Hazmat fees.

Learn to make your own (though actually doing so is also "illegal" :roll: .

In the 1860s it was considered your civic duty to know how to refine nitrates (the hardest part of BP to make).