PDA

View Full Version : looking to size and lube my bullets

craveman85
08-14-2010, 03:12 AM
i want to size and lube my bullets but dont want to buy a sizer/luber press. can i get a die for a lee press that im getting?

blikseme300
08-14-2010, 04:02 AM
i want to size and lube my bullets but dont want to buy a sizer/luber press. can i get a die for a lee press that im getting?

This depends on which press you are getting. Lee does do push through sizing but lubing is done separately, usually LLA. See here: http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1276978869.788=/html/catalog/lubesize.html

I have one of the small presses as seen in the link above. It came as a bundle together with the Lee reloading book which I was gifted a number of years ago.

Hope this helps.

Bliksem

44man
08-14-2010, 07:32 AM
I have all kinds of lube tools but really prefer the Lee push through. I don't like LLA so I rub soft lube in the grooves with my fingers. You can pan lube first too.
Lee dies are super easy to lap to the size you need.

craveman85
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
oh well i dont think theyre going to work because my bore slugged out at .458 bullets are coming out .460 but some of them seem like theyre a tad bigger when i go to load them. maybe ill just stick to pan lubing for now.

Tom W.
08-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Or you can check with Buckshot, and he'll make whatever you'd like.

RU shooter
08-14-2010, 12:29 PM
oh well i dont think theyre going to work because my bore slugged out at .458 bullets are coming out .460 but some of them seem like theyre a tad bigger when i go to load them. maybe ill just stick to pan lubing for now. Your good to go then ,Pan lube or use LLA ,get a Lee push through sizer the biggest one they have in 45 cal and just hone it out to the sizer you need sounds like .459-.460 is a good place to start. Honing a sizer is very easy and very simple to do with just some fine emery cloth and a wooden dowel rod .