PDA

View Full Version : Gun friendly alternative to GPal & PayPal

S.R.Custom
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
As many of you have watching --and I have personally experienced-- using Gpal/GunPal lately has been as useful as throwing money down a deep, dark hole. Well, as a fledgling business with online sales, I HAVE to have some reliable means of accepting credit card payments. And digging around, this MAY be it...

https://www.alertpay.com/en/About.aspx

First off, I get no kickback for being a shill. Hell, I don't even know myself if they're going to work out for me. (I just signed up.) Consider this a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood SuperMag. Although I know of at least 1 other Vendor/Sponsor here who uses it. (Mihec in Slovenia)

A few points to consider:

1: Based out of Montreal, they are registered with and endorsed by the United States BBB. I checked and they've had 0 complaints to the BBB in the past 36 months. (On the other hand, if you punch in GPal in the BBB company search, their address comes up "invalid." Imagine that.)

2: They've been around a while, have a massive overseas presence, and handle and convert to a number of foreign currencies.

3: Funds are FDIC insured.

4: Most importantly, they're gun friendly: Their terms of service do not exclude firearms or firearms related transactions. In fact, in signing up for my business account, I had to pick my approved business type from a pull-down menu, and they have specific categories for sporting goods, firearms sales, and firearms accessories sales. What's not to like about that?

Like I say, I have no idea how this bunch will work for me. But I have several online auctions going right now that I'm going to try them out on. So far, so good, though. I had a question concerning my account verification, I called the phone number on their website, and I was talking to a live human in less than a minute. I'll post back here with some performance reviews as they are warranted...

Cheers,

Mike

Recluse
08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
That's good info, Mike. Keep us posted how it works out for you.

I like the fact that they are listed with the BBB and with zero complaints in the past three years. That says something.

:coffee:

leadman
08-14-2010, 12:02 AM
That might be the company that had an advertisment on the radio today. With a young lady saying the name and my midrange hearing loss I am not sure.

I'm not real thrilled with Gpal right now. "Checks in the mail. Oh, wait, ACH will be next week".????????

dromia
08-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Just spent two hour trying to sign up for a business account including email exchanges/screen shots with their help team and still no joy. Every validation link they sent me went nowhere. I hope that their financial side works better. For an ecommerce service their online sign up is awful. I've given up on them for now.

DCP
08-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Credit card payments with a 4.90% + $0.25 fee
Lets just call it 5% is way to steep.
I would have to get something real cheap to justify paying the seller that

Withdraw Money Bank Transfer $0.50

Now we are at almost 7%

$40.00 item will have about $2.71 fee will still be cheaper than a PO money order if you count your gas

Lets keep those Ideas coming
Thanks SR Custom

GpalVP
08-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Lol, and you see why we are working so hard to get GPal fixed and running smoothly again!

thx997303
08-30-2010, 10:23 PM
If you're working so damn hard then why isn't this s*** storm fixed already?

Doby45
08-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Yhea, no s***! I will stick with my perfectly bootleg Pay-Pal. Flippin retards at GPal.

a.squibload
08-31-2010, 04:28 AM
I have used Revolutionmoneyexchange a few times, run by a bank in SD I think.
Don't hear much about them, been a member over a year.

S.R.Custom
08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Lol, and you see why we are working so hard to get GPal fixed and running smoothly again!

Ya, the fees are a bit higher. But you know what? That's almost irrelevant. I post what the fees are in the auctions, and I let my customers decide that one.

But here's the part that I like about AlertPay: They are a gun-friendly payment company that's been in business since '04, are registered with the BBB, and have had 0 complaints with them in 36 months (the length of time those complaints are kept on record). Can you say the same?

The two fundamental principles on which successful businesses are built are (1) providing a good or service better than your competitor, and (2) earning the trust of your customers. By any measure, you guys have failed miserably.

And comments like yours here speak volumes about your professionalism. As this whole sordid affair unfolds, it acquires the flavor of a high school FBLA project run by the back-of-the-bus detention crowd. How old are you, anyway?

wiljen
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM
We already have another thread that deals with what people think of GPal at present. Lets not let this one turn into another of those. Thanks.

(Not suggesting anyone shouldn't speak their mind, just don't want it taking over the place).