PDA

View Full Version : another idiot trying to get hurt.

dragonrider
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRo0liZIMw&NR=1

RobS
08-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice and not to mention his glasses were later on his head and not over his eyeballs...........real cool.

zuke
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Beside's the glass's thing, why's he an idiot?

Doby45
08-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I reckon because he did not actually investigate the "misfire" and just did an abbreviated clearing drill and thankfully the next round was not able to chamber. Thats the only thing I can think.

dragonrider
08-11-2010, 07:50 PM
exactly what I was thinkin.

southpaw
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
looks like he needs to work on his flinch. Glad the next shell wouldn't chamber.

Jerry Jr.

Pirate69
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
southpaw,
Saw that flinch huh???

oldtoolsniper
08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I bet he would have a worse flinch if he would have got that next round to chamber. I saw more than one idiot, his buddy on the left and the moron filming as well. Is your magazine all the way in?

jburris2001
08-11-2010, 11:44 PM
wow. ive seen this with factory loads. this is why I hace a cleaning kit and dowl rods in my box.

lwknight
08-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I hate when that happens. I try to keep a 4 oz hammer and brass rod in my ammo can.

noylj
08-12-2010, 02:28 AM
I didn't like seeing the muzzle going every which way while he did his "tactical" clearing drill. At the ranges I go to, he would have been walked off the range as soon as that barrel was not pointing directly down range. (Besides have the RM over there to tell him to put his "safety" glasses on.

hedgehog
08-15-2010, 12:01 AM
trying multiple times to chamber a fresh round right after a squib

mdi
08-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I reckon because he did not actually investigate the "misfire" and just did an abbreviated clearing drill and thankfully the next round was not able to chamber. Thats the only thing I can think.

I was thinking the same, but I was expecting a kaboom. Glad he didn't have one, though. I noticed his flinch too, 'cause I sometimes do the same with my harder recoiling handguns...

ilcop22
08-15-2010, 01:46 PM
He's cool because he owns a Glock with a taclight and he can hit paper at 7 yards. Let's forget about the poor posture, improper grip and his skiddish flinch. [smilie=l:

Still, not the idiot of the week. Back in the academy, there was one female recruit who just didn't quite grasp anything related to law enforcement.

One day on the firing range, she squeezed her trigger and heard a "click". Next thing she does, she turns the barrel straight up and looks down it to see what the problem was. She got lucky that it wasn't a hangfire and an instructor was right near her. :killingpc

Needles to say for her inability to qualify, poor test scores and other issues, she was let go from her department prior to graduation. The streets are safer now.

Blase
08-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow, that's the range I go to!

Usually there's someone wandering around to make sure that hearing protection and eye protection are being used...

ilcop, that makes me cringe just to hear about it.

Doby45
08-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Idiots are everywhere and they come in all shapes and sizes. At our local academy here we had an INSTRUCTOR in the CLASSROOM fire a round into a students chest. Needless to say the student did not live. But that was an INSTRUCTOR that had no reason in the world to have a hot weapon in the classroom, much less not having it checked by a second party prior to using it for demonstration purposes. Never for a second think that your safe simply because someone has a title.

deltaenterprizes
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Too many range operators assume that shooters are safe and knowledgable when shooting and do not need supervision. The shooters then get a bad attitude when corrected. Some ranges are an accident waiting to happen.

Suo Gan
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM
They just need an education, hate the ignorance not the ignorant. We all stand on the shoulders of those before us...Dads, grandpa's, uncles, scout leaders, military instructors, magazine articles, this site, etc., none of us are self made men...remember that and be the wiser for it. I know all the people in my life that took an interest in me kindled my love for the shooting sports (among many other things). It is our duty to carry this on. Try not to be pompous in your knowledge, try to understand that if someone asks a question does not make them stupid, because I have learned those that ask questions might actually know more about something and be more intelligent that a self imagined guru is. If you see someone doing something stupid call them on it, and try to help them save face too. Tis the duty of a leader.

southpaw
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
They just need an education, hate the ignorance not the ignorant. We all stand on the shoulders of those before us...Dads, grandpa's, uncles, scout leaders, military instructors, magazine articles, this site, etc., none of us are self made men...remember that and be the wiser for it. I know all the people in my life that took an interest in me kindled my love for the shooting sports (among many other things). It is our duty to carry this on. Try not to be pompous in your knowledge, try to understand that if someone asks a question does not make them stupid, because I have learned those that ask questions might actually know more about something and be more intelligent that a self imagined guru is. If you see someone doing something stupid call them on it, and try to help them save face too. Tis the duty of a leader.

Well said! It is everyones responsibilty to make sure that everyone is being safe and to confront those that are not being safe.

Jerry Jr.

splattersmith
08-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Hmmmm, anyone notice all the experts on the TV personal defense shows instructing everyone to practice "quick clearing" a jammed auto. Do it fast, do it one handed, rub slide on belt to recycle, etc. Must practice to do it fast to fire again in the psudo-gunfight.

Interesting vis a vis this thread.

The Double D
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
He just a kid who needs some training and guidance

Now here some idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvzeu33ZA4

Here is some comments from them.

No new footage will be posted until a new cannon can be made because the barrel started to swell/bulge/expand. The next cannon will be made with a harder alloy or thicker side wall. This cannon is 2 inches in diameter with a .5 inch hole bored into it. It has a fuse hole in the side and is about 1 foot in length. The handles are some steel tube welded on the barrel. The results were beyond expectations."

"The velocity of our projectile is actually very slow. Its a .50 cal lead ball. We fill the barrel with so much powder that the ball sits about an inch from the end of the barrel. All the ball does is act as a plug to keep the powder from coming out the end. The ring you see is the shock wave of the explosion breaking the sound barrier. The fire disappears but the ring keeps traveling. The lead ball probably only goes about 20 yards and is going very slow."

A 1/2 inch diameter 10 inch or so column of some sort of IMR?

leadman
08-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Unbelievable!!!
That is a can of IMR of some kind. They are extremely lucky it did not go off when they were "seating" the bullet with a hammer!
This will be a "horrific" accident when they blow themselves up of drive that rod thru their head.

deltaenterprizes
08-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Looks like IMR 4350.

Swede44mag
08-17-2010, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine jambed 7 HG68 SWC cast lead bullets in his Goverment 911 at the indoor range once. I was not at the range at the time but I did see the jambed bullets. He was using a C&H progressive press and ran out of powder.

Seen another fellow trying to clear his 911 at the range while pointing it at the fellow on his left. The range officer ran him off.

uncle joe
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
he's lucky the round he chambered didn't go off after the stuck boolit blocked the barrel. This is why I bought an HK usp they test the gun by intentionally blocking the barrel and fireing the gun. Results,"caused a noticable buldge but didn't effect accuracy"

Chapped Lips
08-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Now here some idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvzeu33ZA4

this is the type of stuff that creates more laws and legislation.....i'm quite sure they're in violation of some federal laws already on the book.....
[smilie=1:
but i used to be 19 awhile back...... but it was definitely a different time...and a different place

Phat Man Mike
08-20-2010, 06:52 PM
he should of checked the weapon out better.. If I get a miss-fire I check everything out.. IMHO :redneck:

docone31
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
My favourite Idiot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQM4h-UZtc
I would say he is my neighbor, but his clothes are too clean.