PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Canvas and Leather M7 Holster

bruce drake
08-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Folks,

As I was packing my gear to get ready for my upcoming deployment, I pulled out my old black leather M7 GI Issue holster that I've had for the last 20 years (I even had to stretch it out to fit the new Beretta pistol as I bought it when the Marines still used 1911s) and I found that the leather and the stitching probably wouldn't survive another tour in the sand.

So in order that I wouldn't have to wear some plastic and nylon holster on my gear, I placed an order with Pacific Canvas and Leather Company of Phelan CA (http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/) for a new M7 Tanker Holster.

It came in last week and I am more than pleased with the condition of the leather and the stichwork is neat and clean. After a good rubbing with mink oil, I think this holster will last me for a good while.

As a left-handed shooter, I had a rigger readjust the harness of my old holster so I could wear and draw from my left side. PCL already has a LH holster in their inventory so I was happy to order one. During my conversation, I told them I would be deploying shortly and they offered to stretch the leather to fit a Beretta for me before shipping. The holster arrived and the pistol just dropped right in so I am happy that they took the time to prepare my holster properly.

I would recommend them to anyone who does recreations or enjoys classic leather holsters as well.

Bruce

uncle joe
08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I worked with a tanker from Desert Storm, he gave me a tanker shoulder holster for my 1911 I love it.

bruce drake
08-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Yep, the M7 and the old WWII era M3 Shoulder holsters are excellent for crawling in an out of armored vehicles. Not much use for them in the civilian world but a dang fine piece of kit for trips to the sandbox.

Bruce

Von Dingo
08-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Godspeed Bruce.

Dutchman
08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Phelan CA (http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/)

You know the difference between Phelan and Iraq?

There's no camels in Phelan and no burrito stands in Iraq (is there?)

Phelan is in the southern Mojave desert. I lived about 50 miles to the west in Palmdale for 10 yrs. Killed my first jackrabbit near Phelan circa 1965 or so.

So, Officer Bruce, are you going to make a career out this deployment business? Just when we get used to having you around you up and skate off into the desert beauty once again. Grow some roots, dude!

In the meantime.... take care, amigo.

Dutch

bruce drake
08-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Every other year is the norm it seems. Makes it tough on the family but I actually squeezed almost two years between trips this time.

I've got 20 years in so far. Wife wants me to retire as soon as possible. I just took a promotion so it will be at least 2013 before I retire. Probably at least one more trip to the sandbox after this trip.

Bruce

cheese1566
08-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the link!
Looks like I know where to get a decent M1 cheek rest.

EdZ KG6UTS
08-16-2010, 11:40 AM
....... I bought it when the Marines still used 1911s) Bruce[/QUOTE]

Last Summer while trying to catch a flight from FOB Salerno to Bagram I ran across a Marine with a 1911 instead of the standard 9mm. He said Marine Spec Ops used .45s. Wish I had one!!!!! Stay Safe over there, will be back to Kandahar/Letherneck/Dwyer etc in about 2 weeks.

EdZ KG6UTS

bruce drake
08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
The Army has limited use of the 45s as well but as a Staff Officer on an Army Division, it's Berettas for me now.

Last time I carried a 1911 for the Marines was shortly after Desert Storm when the Marines finally phased out the pistols.

Ivantherussian03
08-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I carried one myself in the service.......very handy. I finally bought one for myself. It is hard to beat a classic.