PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Base Boolits

08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I have recently obtained the RCBS .455 265grain Round Nose Hollow Base mold to feed my S&W .455 Webley Triple Lock.I have a Magma Lube Sizer and was wondering how exactly to run the HB bullets through it. Thanks.

beagle
08-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm not familiar with that sizer but I use the Lyman #450 and RCBS to lube the HB designs that I use in the normal manner.

Normally, there is just a tad of lube on the edge of the hollow base "skirt" but it wipes off easily./beagle

Buckshot
08-31-2006, 04:45 AM
I have recently obtained the RCBS .455 265grain Round Nose Hollow Base mold to feed my S&W .455 Webley Triple Lock.I have a Magma Lube Sizer and was wondering how exactly to run the HB bullets through it. Thanks.

.............Try it. Might not be an issue. If you do get the base full of lube modify the plunger. D&T for a small screw. Screw it in and cut the head off. Then use some 5 minute epoxy putty. The bit of threaded screw will give the epoxy something to grab onto, Put some release agent in the HB, fill with the epoxy and set it down over the end of the plunger/ejector pin dealie. Wipe off any pressed out epoxy then run it through the die.

Have a couple other slugs ready and immediately run them through using a wooden dowel, in case any epoxy might have squeezed out with the treated one's passage. In a half hour remove the boolit from the modified plunger.

................Buckshot