PDA

View Full Version : They got me!

Bret4207
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Found a glitch in my bank account. Some low life in Australia hacked into my debit card account to the tune of almost $500.00. I got ahold of my bank and the places the orders were placed and cancelled my cards, etc. I figure it mucst have been my Paypal account (now closed) but after talking to some folks it could have been ANYWHERE I used my debit card. Not a very secure system, but oh, so convenient.

SharpsShooter
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Had a likewise occurence. Account started having withdrawls occur when I knew positively the wife nor I had made em. It kinda turns into a dumb crook/bank employee story here. The individual had perfected my wifes signature and was using the counter withdrawl slips that you have to write all the account info on such as account #, date, address etc. The former employee had all that down pat and was cashing the slips in the drive-through window's station. That is where the problem appeared. My wife is totally blind. She has never driven a car. The bank replaced all of the embezelled money and turned the matter over to the Feds since there were many other victims as well.

SS

Bigjohn
08-30-2006, 09:14 PM
This happens all over the world. The more we try and make things secure the more effort they put in to rip ya off!

In some cases they actually manage to steal the victims whole life and ruin them before disappearing to another identity.

When using my card I ensure that it does not leave my direct vision sight line so it can not be skimmed and copied.

There were some cases of people in resturants letting there card go with the waiter to pay the bill and they received back someone elses out of date card while theirs was being used by the crooks.

Be wary and watch ya back fella's

John.