PDA

View Full Version : Private Dunn is home!

dk17hmr
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Private Dunn has come home safe. He is home for a few weeks then headed back to New York. He has been in Iraq for the past year and a half with the 10th Mountain. His family had a party today for him so we headed out for a while. He is health and happy to be home.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/7gun.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/3gun.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/2gun.jpg
Andy is a buddy from high school, when I was a freshman playing on the varsity soccer team he was a Junior and he took me under his wing, Andy was a ****** on the soccer field, taught me how to hold my own.

Gunload Master
08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
It's great to see one come back from there safe and sound! It looks from those pictures that he enjoyed serving his country.

Couldnt help but notice every sixth round of ammo in that first image is a tracer..

9.3X62AL
08-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Good to see, indeed! Wish that fine young man a great welcome home, and MANY THANKS for his service to his country.

Those "tracers" might be HE or HE/I rounds. Nephew Ben said the M-2 50 BMG he crewed in Ramadi had HE rounds every fifth or sixth....and that they shredded the doors of Nissan and Toyota "technicals" in a manner they called "The Fatal Flower".

Four Fingers of Death
08-28-2006, 05:42 AM
Well Dunn!!!!!! 18months, that's a long tour of duty. Glad to see he is safe and sound.

PS, What's the 7.62 machine gun? Looks like that big ol sucker we use, the Mag 50 or whatever it's called. Optics on the thing too! How cool is that. I was a dab hand with the M60 when I was wearing out boots. No one was shooting back though and that helps your aim.

Once again, thank Dunny for his efforts over there (aussies always call people with the name Dunn, dunny and if your family name is Dawe, it is dunny door. Sorry but thats the way it is here).

One of my officers at the jail I was working at should be coming home from Afghanastan soon. We are looking forward to seeing him.

Mick.

bruce drake
08-28-2006, 05:50 AM
That is Standard four-in-one ball tracer mix. Still guaranteed to make a Haji greet Muhammed in a quick way.

Bruce

Four Fingers of Death
08-28-2006, 05:59 AM
By the way, my son who is also a correctional officer, he works at a woman's prison in Sydney. He says that there are a group of tough a$$ed gay female (?)correctional officers who are working there who virtually operate as a gang, they call them the Lezbollah! Mick.

bruce drake
08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
That Machinegun is what we Americans call the M240 (B Model). It started replacing the M60 in general use about a decade ago. It started life as the Belgians FN MAG Machinegun so you have probably have seen it before. We Americans first started using them as coaxial machineguns for our M1 Abrams tanks and as the tank gunner close defense weapon with a butterfly handle set.

We've updated the MG with Optics and Fiber buttstocks and heat shields but overall it's still the sweetest Machinegun designed since the German MG42.

Bruce Drake
CPT, US Army
Ordnance Corps

NVcurmudgeon
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks to Private Dunn and all his comrades in arms for their service which insures our freedom.

bruce drake
08-28-2006, 02:23 PM
+1
Bruce

nighthunter
08-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Pvt Dunn .... I'd love to shake your hand and tell you "Welcome Home". You have served honorably and I hope you live with the pride of haveing done a necessary job and haveing done it well. This service is sure to effect your entire life. Those that did not serve will never understand what you have accomplished. I wish you a long life with much happiness. Thank you.
Nighthunter