PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate!

armoredman
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Party like it's 1999! Arizona now has Constitutional Carry as of midnight last night! Went to the range yesterday,

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/range%20trip/P01at25yardsCZshirt.jpg

...and cast a few hundred 358 158grain boolits today! Good day, GOOD day![smilie=w:

Harter66
07-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Congrulations !!

Taylor
07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
hoo-ah!!

Doby45
07-29-2010, 02:13 PM
They prolly passed that cause they knew the illegal immigrant law would get held up. :)

armoredman
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
It actually passed and was signed into law before SB1070, which also went into effect, minus some major portions, but quite a bit is still intact, and the rest is in court.
I never thought I'd see Vermont style carry in AZ, and was shocked when we got CCW back in 1994. Guess that famous animated CCW map will have to be updated.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I'm glad too, even though I have my ccw, and plan to keep it!

Something new that is brewing in AZ:
http://www.azcdl.org/2010Candidates2a.pdf

I'll be glad when I can carry at school where I work . . .

thx997303
07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Utah has school carry.

We're working on constitutional carry.

You conceal without a permit on your way to the range by any chance?

By the way, I really like Judd's answers on that survey.

jdgabbard
07-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Oklahoma almost had a change this year to allow open carrying. It would have been an amendment to the state constitution as well I believe. But our Gov decided it was "too dangerous to police officers" as the law had an anti-harassment clause in it. Which would prevent Police from stopping someone just because they were carrying openly. It was passed by about 80% of the House, and about 85% of the Senate. But the Gov Veto'd....

Dannix
07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Oklahoma - Can't you override your Governor's veto? Sounds like you have the votes for it.

"Constitutional carry". Awesome this is starting to take place out west. Hopefully it will eventually trickle down to us on the east cost without even OC. Concerning AZ, I would submit that the NFA and the like need to be repealed or a state sovereignty bill passed for there to all to be truly Constitutional, but sure is moving in the right direction. :D

armoredman
07-29-2010, 05:25 PM
We also passed the Arizona Firearms Freedom Act, similar to the Montana one going through court now. It would be inteesting to go to a firearms maker here in AZ, (we have a few), and have the opportunity to buy an AZ Made stamped one with no federal interferance.

Half of the new cast boolits are drying in the garage right now with thier final coats of LLA. Our forefathers used hand cast lead to fight for freedom. We're just walking in thier footprints. :)

It is a great day for Arizonans, and for other states nationwide. This had much less of the screaming and yelling of the original CCW permit law, leading me to believe the pendulum is, indeed, swinging towards freedom again. When it reachs apogee, we need to nail that sucker in place.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Here is one of the ways we hope to train and educate AZ, hope the rest of the world will do the same if they are not already! http://www.trainmeaz.com/

Copied from "Page Nine" by Alan Korwin:
According to leading experts, many of the people who discriminate against this portion of the Bill of Rights suffer from a medical condition called hoplophobia, a debilitating morbid fear of weapons. It's easy to be angry with them, but what they really need is medical attention, and they deserve pity. It's not their fault that they're sick, or that medical science has done little to help them, and most sufferers are in complete denial about their condition. They think hating guns is a good thing. They no longer realize it's not good to hate.

Allowing hoplophobes to be involved in setting Second Amendment policy is like assigning people afraid of water to be lifeguards -- they'd never let anyone swim! The main treatment for hoplophobia is the psychological process known as "desensitization," the same methodology used for people with fear of spiders, open spaces or heights. You introduce the afflicted person to their fear, one very small step at a time, and they eventually overcome the terror if they're lucky.

Gun owners everywhere have witnessed this phenomenon when they take a novice to the range for the first time. The doubts, trepidations, wondering, and even abject fear often melts away as the individual learns they can do this, it's safe, it's enjoyable, they're competent, and they no longer have need for the fear. If they hit a bullseye they get ecstatic! It's a beautiful thing, watching a person come out of that horrific shell of self doubt, and stand on their own two feet.

This is why gun owners should always make an effort to take newcomers shooting. It's totally rewarding, defends our rights like little else can, and helps fellow human beings overcome that which holds them back.

A main operating principle behind TrainMeAz is to get the entire public on the bandwagon and out to the range. What a marvelous state that would make us, the envy of the nation and the free world. Make it so."

Of course Appleseed http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ is good too, I've been signed up for the one in Sept for awhile now . . .

armoredman
07-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Just found that same website, that is very good! Also would love to shoot an Appleseed, but am never close enough with enough cash.
One other thing I would love to see is the excellent Arizona Gun Safety program we have in law made a mandatory elective, like Drivers Ed, in junior high school. We'll see. This TrainMe program looks great!