PDA

View Full Version : Stop me !!!!!!!!

white eagle
07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
OK
somebody stop me
I just got in from casting more boolits :Fire:
like I didn't already have enough bout 200 more 45 cal's probably have 700 or so 44 cal's cast
I have yet another mold on order have bough 100+#'s of lead form varies sources
when will this madness end
Thats all I think about all I want to do
Sorry for venting but I do feel better now I am off to sort boolits :castmine:

HORNET
07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
You think somebody on THIS site is going to stop you? Only if they can figure out way to walk off with all your lead...Plumbum junkies, every one of 'em.....Worse than crackheads....
P.S. If you can keep track of how many you've cast, you don't have enough.

Muddy Creek Sam
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
White Eagle,

Wait till you have more lead than you have space, Have to spend all your time smelting to fit it in a finite space.

Sam :D

Trey45
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
That's a good start, but you don't have enough if you measure the amount you have on hand by counting them. When you start telling us you have 100 pounds of 45's cast and another hundred pounds of 44's cast, then you have a valid reason to slow down your casting, until then you're fine, keep casting, have fun, stay safe!

Oh, by the way, the madness never ends, it ramps up as you begin buying more molds, just wait till you start buying molds for calibers you don't even own!

Blammer
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I had to build a 4 layer shelf 4' wide 3' deep to hold all my casted boolits, and I'm already out of room!

it'll stop when you run out of lead or space, which ever comes first.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM
WAit until you move sometime and must move all of your lead stash!

:groner::groner::groner::groner::groner::groner:[smilie=l:

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot:castmine:

Wots
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
:wink:You mean the 300#'s of lead I just got is only the beginning?
What have I gotten myself into..........again

Muddy Creek Sam
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
:wink:You mean the 300#'s of lead I just got is only the beginning?
What have I gotten myself into..........again

300#, Your taking baby steps. :holysheep

Wots
07-28-2010, 05:22 PM

Gotta start somewhere:smile:

Harter66
07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Boy tell me!!

This is a full blown addition ! We went on vacation 6 days in LA ,I came home with 15# of curbed wheel weights , and started to drool when I saw that 4 ozer on then shuttle bus. I've about 50-60# of boolits in 9 cal.and 500# of ready or soon to be ready ingots and that much more in misc.shot . To top it off I've figured out how to get paid to keep feeding the range scrap pile.

This can't be healthy !

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Unloading some WW from the back of my son's pickup a few days ago, and the son said, "you can't have too many Wheel Weights!"

A few 8# jugs of powder, some thousands of primers, a goodly supply of usable brass an the obamanation will hate me until I'm dead an gone.

You hear the left wing liberal media talking about so an so who was arrested and had "X" number of firearms and heaven forbid, 132 rounds of ammo.

Daaaaaaaa, those stupid people would flat out die if they knew the facts, the real facts.

An Oooooooooo NO!!!!!!!!!!, he makes his own boolits, what is this world com'in to?

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

captaint
07-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Isn't this fun??? Every time I see a plastic container with a lid I say to my wife "whaddya think??". She says I know, boolits... It's great!! enjoy Mike

enfield
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
time for an intervention.

RP
07-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Cast until your out of lead then get more lead smelt and start casting agian oh work in some shooting thats fun too.

dragonrider
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Ya right, we're gonna stop ya. :drinks:

waksupi
07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
300# is considered OUT! I'd get the quivers if I got below 1000#!

casterofboolits
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
A whole 100 pounds?

Wait till you really get the bug! :lovebooli

There's 250#s of ingots on my smelting table. A 5 gal bucket of weights and 450 pounds of lead pipe are on the way this weekend. Plus a couple tons of range lead in buckets taking up half of my 24'x32' floor space.:groner:

home in oz
07-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Your next goal should be to have six banger molds.

THEN you can do some castin'!

Gee_Wizz01
07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
WAit until you move sometime and must move all of your lead stash!

:groner::groner::groner::groner::groner::groner:[smilie=l:

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot:castmine:

Been there done that! Don't ever want to do it again! However, I am addicted, need more lead, more boolits more, more, more!

G

Gee_Wizz01
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Watch out for Sam he's the Pusher Man! That isotope alloy pours sooooo nice, gotta have some more.

G

mold maker
07-28-2010, 10:07 PM
It's too blamed hot to smelt, but sweat just cleans the range lead as I pick it off the berms. I've got 16+ gal of sweat washed range lead, 153 lbs of flattened pipe and 18 gal of sorted WW, waiting for cooler weather, so I can add it to the tons I already have in ingots.
I cast under the carport till the 90+ temps run me inside, where I sort the boolits into gal paint cans.
You better get it out of your system fast. There is no cure and the addition only gets worse.
I've been trying to stop for over 40 years and each time I see a WW I get the fever again. It take restraint to keep from carrying pliers through the WalMart parking lot.
I had no problem giving up women, booze and coffin nails, but this is tough.

Muddy Creek Sam
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Watch out for Sam he's the Pusher Man! That isotope alloy pours sooooo nice, gotta have some more.

G

Howdy G,

Anytime, Going [smilie=2: to get about 1400# or so on Monday.[smilie=1::roll:

geargnasher
07-28-2010, 11:50 PM
OK
somebody stop me
I just got in from casting more boolits :Fire:
like I didn't already have enough bout 200 more 45 cal's probably have 700 or so 44 cal's cast
I have yet another mold on order have bough 100+#'s of lead form varies sources
when will this madness end
Thats all I think about all I want to do
Sorry for venting but I do feel better now I am off to sort boolits :castmine:

Heeheee, NOOB. just wait a few years, you'll look back on yourself now and think: I could have DONE something with my life, but NO, I just had to chase that silver stream, living from one casting session to the next, smelting in the backyard at midnight, digging wheel weights out of the gutter sludge at busy intersections on your lunch break......

The bad part is, from where you are right now, you might think I'm kidding.

Gear

crabo
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
You should start worrying when you have 300# of molds.

cajun shooter
07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
The time to worry is when that 300 lbs has been cast into bullets, sized, lubed and loaded. You look around and see no lead nothing but stacks of ammo and you say Oh my God!! I have got to get more lead so that I may load.