PDA

View Full Version : Stroll down memory lane

RayinNH
08-26-2006, 08:56 PM
For those that haven't seen it yet, they are rerunning " Daniel Boone" the TV series on TVland, that was on from 1964-70. It started Saturday morning and goes for 48 hours. Kind of fun to watch as corny as it is. Sure was more believable when I was nine, but then so wasn't "Gunsmoke", "The Rifleman", " Wyatt Earp" even "Robin Hood"...Ray

SharpsShooter
08-27-2006, 08:39 AM
I noticed that was running this weekend. I easily recall Gunsmoke and the The Rifleman, but never saw Earp or Hood. Guess we did not get that channel on the black and white GE. Those shows may lack realism in todays viewers mind, but they make up for it in moral content. The garbage on TV today sends me to my office/reloading /casting room most every evening.

sundog
08-27-2006, 08:45 AM
SharpShooter, big 10-4 on reloading room most evenings, and for exactly the samest reason. sundog

MN91311
08-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Ed Ames plays the Indian friend in the show. Is this the singer ?

Scrounger
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Ed Ames plays the Indian friend in the show. Is this the singer ?

Yes. That was about the pinnacle of his acting career. His musical career was longer and brighter. He did shows and recorded with his three brothers, Vic, Gene, and Joe. One of my favorites was "Cab Driver", but RagMop was probably their biggest hit. http://www.singers.com/jazz/vintage/ames.html

Boz330
09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I was in the Army 66-68 and the First Sgt really liked DB and the rest of the young guys wanted to watch Bat Man mainly because it was so corny. Top won out.
Anybody remember when Ed Ames was on the Jonny Carson show giving the tomahawk throwing demonstration? BTW he was a good singer, Loved that deep voice.

Bob

shooter575
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I remember that,Stuck that ax right under his groin.both of them were supprised.!
Remember when Boonsbourgh was under siege.They made up BP with saltpeter from a cave,Charcoal from the blacksmith.Forget who had the sulfur.Then they made a cannon out of a log with iron hoops. I just eat that up as a pup.