PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show in Louisiana

Frank46
08-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Ok, all you swamp rats, cajuns and other denizens of loosiana, there is a gun show this saturday and sunday its either at the Heyman or Blackham. I say its either cause the postcard I received with the info doesn't say which one in lafayette. Go figure. Will let you know what if anything good was there. Frank

walltube
08-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Hello Frank,

Thanks for the heads up.

Last show I made was at Slidell's Oak Harbor Centre last month or so. Much to my surprise and delight there were no gel candle vendors, beef jerky hawkers, or tattoo parlour pimps present. Even the Bonehead Gawker troupe were conspicuously absent. What a pleasant day it was.

Despite there being not a cast bullet item in sight I did buy 5M Fed lr primers and more brass from Mr. Waguespack. A family friend bought hisself a very nice CMP Garand; it works as good as it looks. One vendor had a table covered with K31, Finn M-N, SMLE, one M94 Swede carbine in very nice condition and the best looking M95 Steyr I've seen in some time. Both the Swede & M95 beckoned to me in a most provactive (do I wanna say purient ?) fashion. My Visa card trembled in fear. Being that I hate sleepng outdoors with mosquitos more than I liked either Siren, I walked away from temptation. Sigh.

Y.T.

Wt.

Frank46
08-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Walltube, Mark was there but I didn't need anything from him. The show was not good. About the only things that peaked my interest was a remington model 25?, pump in 32-20. Bore light showed bbl has a lot of pitting so much for that one. About the only other things there were a couple win 97 pumps. One with long bbl and a shorty with 20" bbl. Couldn't tell if the shorty was origional or had the bbl cut back. Was in pretty good shape though. Another 6 bucks down the tube. Frank