PDA

View Full Version : sizing

walker77
07-21-2010, 05:27 PM
When you size your bullets do you adjust the press so it goes all the way down or do you adjust it to where it goes to where it goes till it goes far enough to just to lube the bands? I keep on getting lube all over the bottom of the bullets i was wondering if i have it set up wrong. I have it set up to were it just goes far enough to just lube the bands and thats it. I am using lyman sizing dies.

RobS
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
I adjust mine to the point where it lubes the lube groove and then adjust it a bit deeper so there is less chance that it the base of the bullet is in line with the lube die hole (further away). However it also depends on what lube die you are using. A RCBS die as one line of lube holes where as a Lyman may have two (more recent) or three to four rows should you have an older Lyman die.

I believe that you have too much pressure and/or if you have heat then it will only make having more pressure a worse scenario. If you have been lubing where the ambient temps outside have been moderate and now are lubing where the temps are hot as the hubs of h_ll outside such as with the current heat wave then that could be some of what is going on as well.