PDA

View Full Version : Mosaic Rod needed!

waksupi
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm in rather desparate need, of some 3/8" mosaic rod. An inch would do the job. Any knife makers got a bit laying around?

obssd1958
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Waksupi,
I read your post out of curiosity, and then due to the fact that I had no idea what a Mosaic Rod was, ran a Google search for that term.
If you can't find any here through the board, you might try this link:

http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_store_1mainframe.htm?kk_products_parts_main.htm ~smain

Whach'ya buildin' ????

Don

fatnhappy
08-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Still looking Ric? You've been looking for at least 3 weeks. Maybe you should branch out to artsy craftsy forums.

waksupi
08-24-2006, 11:12 PM
I tried the knifekits site. Said they were in stock, and placed an order. Finally I wondered where they were, and contacted the company. They replied they were no longer available from thier source, and they were sorry they hadn't notified me. Anyway, I may have found a supply through Koval's. I'm also strongly considering going to the local hobby shop this weekend, and looking at thier various sized rods and tubes, to see what I can make myself.
What I am using them for, is the covers on the recoil lugs on my rifle. If they look good, they may become offered on our rifles at work.