PDA

View Full Version : What is with these people??

leadman
07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I was bored today sitting in my recliner so I was looking at youtube videos on shooting. There is a huge assortment of videos on shooting accidents, some listed as funny.
There is nothing funny about these videos. They show a complete lack of safety and concern for personal injury. Every one that I looked at was preventable.
There are also many videos of young ladies set up by male companions in shooting situations that could have gone very wrong.
One shows a slight girl with a full auto AK lose control of it and the gun is going in directions it should not be. Surprised someone wasn't hurt, at least the video did not show any injuries.
There were even a couple titled to indicate the individual commited suicide in front of the camera. Also sniper head shots on individuals.

This is just wrong!!

44man
07-20-2010, 07:22 AM
I agree, too much fun and games going with with a serious subject.

Wayne Smith
07-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Human nature without God. We are not that far from the Roman Colluseum (Sp).

cajun shooter
07-20-2010, 08:11 AM
As good as we want man kind to be it is just not so. You have people not on this but other forums that I'm on that make fun of people with a disability. Wayne you hit it on the nose. We are very close to that Roman Empire. We also know what happened to it. When you lose compassion for your fellow man you lose the biggest reason for living. In my mind that is helping others over come. That is why our young men are going to countries in conflict.

Char-Gar
07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
The last part of the brain to fully develop is that part of the frontal lobe that regulates judgment and decision making. It can take until thelate teens, early 20's or perhaps even later for this part of the brain to fully develop.

So you take a young male with a full load of testosterone and an incomplete brain and this kind of foolishness is what you get. I am not trying to excuse this damn fool conduct, just explain it a bit.

It doesn't mean that young males MUST exercise bad judgment as indeed that is not a MUST item. Solid thinking, decision making and judgment taught by the parents should be enough to get the young male through until his own mental skills kick in. Unfortunately so many parents are too busy these days to teach their children how to make high quality decisions.

In fact, they are so busy with their own stuff, they don't give parenting much of a thought. They want the schools, churches, scouts and so forth to do the job of raising their children for them. After 37 years as a local church Pastor, I am pretty disgusted with many parents. They expect us to raise their children, keep them out of trouble and bad company, plus save their precious little souls, while they pursue money, pleasure and status. I have seen so much of it, I get sick just thinking about it.

ReloaderFred
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
The saying used to be: "It's better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

Now it's: "It's better to be thought a fool, than to post your idiocy on YouTube and show the world not only what a fool you are, but also what one looks like".

These people only give the anti-gun crowd ammunition for their arguments.......

Hope this helps.

Fred

markinalpine
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Now it's: "It's better to be thought a fool, than to post your idiocy on YouTube and show the world not only what a fool you are, but also what one looks like".Fred

I used to enjoy watching the various cop shows where they would post the videos that the criminals themselves took, and posted some where, or of the idiots who steal a cell phone, maybe in conjunction with committing some other crime, and take pictures of themselves with the stolen camera.

Now I honestly don't watch TV anymore.

Another principle to follow it that our Creator made us with two eyes, two ears, and one mouth, and maybe we should take heed of that lesson.

Mark :coffeecom

Wayne Smith
07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
The last part of the brain to fully develop is that part of the frontal lobe that regulates judgment and decision making. It can take until thelate teens, early 20's or perhaps even later for this part of the brain to fully develop.

So you take a young male with a full load of testosterone and an incomplete brain and this kind of foolishness is what you get. I am not trying to excuse this damn fool conduct, just explain it a bit.

It doesn't mean that young males MUST exercise bad judgment as indeed that is not a MUST item. Solid thinking, decision making and judgment taught by the parents should be enough to get the young male through until his own mental skills kick in. Unfortunately so many parents are too busy these days to teach their children how to make high quality decisions.

In fact, they are so busy with their own stuff, they don't give parenting much of a thought. They want the schools, churches, scouts and so forth to do the job of raising their children for them. After 37 years as a local church Pastor, I am pretty disgusted with many parents. They expect us to raise their children, keep them out of trouble and bad company, plus save their precious little souls, while they pursue money, pleasure and status. I have seen so much of it, I get sick just thinking about it.

Exactly, Chargar, but we need to see the other side of this, too. One of my undergraduate mentors was in Israel during the '67 war. She did research with soldiers and discovered that, sometime between 22 and 23 years old the idea that I am mortal and can die kicks in. Prior to that, even when their best friend was blown away next to them, the round that would kill them had not yet been made in their mind.

This says a lot about the courage of the older guys who still put themselves in the way of danger.

JeffinNZ
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
It is critical to have a video record to submit in order to support the Darwin Award...............

82nd airborne
07-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Exactly, Chargar, but we need to see the other side of this, too. One of my undergraduate mentors was in Israel during the '67 war. She did research with soldiers and discovered that, sometime between 22 and 23 years old the idea that I am mortal and can die kicks in. Prior to that, even when their best friend was blown away next to them, the round that would kill them had not yet been made in their mind.

This says a lot about the courage of the older guys who still put themselves in the way of danger.

She either didnt do very good research, that is only in isreali's, or they hadnt acctually loaded a dead friend onto the chopper. Alot of my guys were under 20 during their first time to drag a dead buddy out, myself included, and the attitude of being immortal, or even "10 foot tall and bullet proof was non existant." Im not trying to be abrasive, but i served with alot of guys who wernt old enough to drink legally, and still shoot with a few, though most ppl i shoot with are twice my age, and we are all responsible, and cognisant of what is going on around us. alot of stuff going around on this thread that is stereotyping young shooters, kind of like what the press does, eh? no need to give all of us a bad name, just because of what some idiots do. I know safety as well as the next guy, regardless of age.

steg
07-22-2010, 12:41 AM
They aren't shooters in a real sense of the word, Just a bunch of kids trying to have fun pulling a tiger by the tail, they just don't realise that the tiger can turn around and bite them, any young person that had a parent or guardian who taught them to shoot the right way won't be found in that group. I agree with chargar these so called parents expect everyone but themselves to raise the kids right, and blame someone else when things go wrong.
I have a nephew with a carry permit that went into a bar, got totally drunk and forgot his jacket, that he had a 45 auto in the pocket, great fodder for the anti's and the only thing his father said to him is "you'll probably never see that gun again" that was it.............steg

coleman
07-22-2010, 12:55 AM
The world is full of stupid people and youtube shows it! One of the best ones is a "man shoots self in head" He has a old 1867 black powder revolver a old army helmet and shoots himself with it. The lead ball just about goes thru the helmet...

theperfessor
07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Some people just aint right....

Southern Son
07-22-2010, 02:00 AM
The ones that really tick me off are the fools who give some 5 foot tall 90lb chick a .50AE Desert Eagle to shoot. Girls see what happens and it turns them off ever giving shooting a go, the girl who gets hit in the head by a 5lb pistol almost certainly won't ever try it again, it shows the person who gave it to her is an immature butt head (good ammo for the anti-gun crowd) and the only people who think it is funny are retarded.

azcruiser
07-25-2010, 06:15 AM
You got to take the good with the bad I have found some good info on you tube and some bad.
If you don't like it don't click it-I don't watch war video's don't find them entertaining since 1967

BCM45
07-25-2010, 09:41 AM
The ones that really tick me off are the fools who give some 5 foot tall 90lb chick a .50AE Desert Eagle to shoot. Girls see what happens and it turns them off ever giving shooting a go, the girl who gets hit in the head by a 5lb pistol almost certainly won't ever try it again, it shows the person who gave it to her is an immature butt head (good ammo for the anti-gun crowd) and the only people who think it is funny are retarded.

+1 this

lead-1
07-26-2010, 03:33 AM
I watched one where some drunk gang banger shot himself thru the shoulder. He got himself psyched up, put the muzzle against the front of his shoulder in the area that you would plant a rifle buttstock and fired a round.

Char-Gar
07-26-2010, 01:12 PM
My Grandfather who raised me, started working life as a cowboy, move to being a blacksmith and wheel right. He then went to being a cable tool oil driller and finaly became a lawyer. He practiced law for well over 50 years. At the end of it all, he had the human race figured out. He divided humans into four catagories.

1. Good folks
2. Crazy people
3. People on dope
4. D#%^ fools

I am now in my 68th year and darn if the old geezer didn't have it pretty well nailed dead center.

BOOM BOOM
07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
HI,
Have not watched many of these. mostly watch the NSSA educational one I got keyed into by Sinclare Intn. products. Those are ok, but I spend most of my time job hunting of getting firewood this summer.
got in another cord this A.M., then checked for jobs, now here. My kids say I am boring. OH WELL!