PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 336 Problem

dragonrider
07-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Last fall I picked up a Marling 336 in 32 Win spec. Nice lookin on the outside.I got it shooting pretty good. And then I noticed when cycling the action there was a dragging feeling. So today i took it apart and found something that really pissed me off. Every internal organ in that gun was covered in rust. Not a drop of oil to be found.Bet It hadn't been oiled since it left the factory. Now I am more pissed at myself than at any previous owners because I have a rule that I did not follow. When I get a new to me gun first thing I do is strip it down and clean it up, remove all lead or copper fouling, oil it up, remove burrs. To me this is the only way for me to get to know that particular rifle, to make it mine so to speak. For what ever dumb reason I did not do it with this one. There is no damage other than the surface rust that can be cleaned off, just the feeling that I have been shooting someone elses abused rifle. It just dosen't feel right. next time out it will feel better because I will know what's going on inside.