PDA

View Full Version : Lead ouch...

strahd_zarovich
07-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok this was a crappy day for making ingots...

Ok so while doing my ingots I didn't notice a small drop of sweat in the pan. So this so did not turn out to good for me. I only got a small burn on my arm, so yea long thick sleaves are a must.

lol

Sucks to be me...

mpmarty
07-18-2010, 12:45 PM
That's why I smelt in the winter; no sweat[smilie=s:

strahd_zarovich
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I am learning right now.

I guess I should just collect lead for now.

1Shirt
07-18-2010, 01:00 PM
I could be wrong (wife often thinks I am), but I have very serious doubts that there are any experianced casters who have not been visited on occaision by the tinsel fairy.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Mattog22
07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for posting that, I'm new to this and I am always worried about moisture in something going into the pot but I never thought about dripping sweat into the ingot pan. I will remember that one for sure.

Matt

geargnasher
07-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Moisture UNDER molten lead= very bad day.

Moisture ON TOP of molten lead=fizzle and pop, no worries with proper safety gear.

Gear

blaser.306
07-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I had my first visit from the tinsel fairy on July 1st . Added some range scrap to what I thought was a cool enough pot of already molten material and SUPRISE . I now have a shiney 5' diameter reminder in my back yard and a few small burns/scars as a constant reminder!!!!

qajaq59
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I could be wrong (wife often thinks I am), but I have very serious doubts that there are any experianced casters who have not been visited on occaision by the tinsel fairy. Yup, and there were darn few of us printers in the old days that skipped getting a visit either.
I haven't been burned in many, many years, but there is a spray can of that burn care stuff on my casting bench. It reduces pain and scaring if you ever need it.