PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo gun show

DLCTEX
07-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I had to go to Amarillo today to buy my son a replacement car since the insurance co. totaled his after it was flooded in May. After completing the car deal he wanted to go to the gun show. Admission was only $5 and free parking. There were a lot of high priced guns with a scattering of reasonably priced ones. In my estimation the best value was the Moisin Negants at $99. I bought a hand cuff key and some once fired 30-39 brass, but there were no casting items and Wolf primers ran from $40 to $32.50. One table had some CCI LR Mag. primers for $30 that looked like old stock. The 30-30 brass was in old Rem and Win. boxes that are probably worth more than the brass. It sure beat going to WalMart with the women.

Down South
07-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Sounds like fun. I don't get the opportunity to make many gun shows. The few that I have been to, prices were inflated on most stuff and they never had what I was looking for.
I read somewhere today where one of our members was going to a show in Lafayette. I always wanted to go there.

Frank46
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Down South, I'm in New Iberia. Have been to the shows at the heyman and Blackham in lafayette. Last one I went to cost me a pretty penny. Just about to head home and spotted a S&W 624 6.5" bbl in 44 special. Posted about that one earlier. Need to find some ammo to try it out. And all I intended was to walk around and get some 9x18 mak ammo for my cz82. Frank

Down South
07-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Down South, I'm in New Iberia.
I used to travel through your neck of the woods every week when I was working in the Gulf. I've been to T-2 school in New Iberia several times through the years too. New Iberia and Lafayette both seem to be nice places.
I understand the spending too much. I went to Cabela's in Gonzales the other day. Planned on spending 20-$30, wound up spending much more.

captaint
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
My friends and me always laugh about Cabela's. "You can't go to Cabela's and not spend a hundred bucks. You just can't." Always takes me like an hour to get out of the gun room. Sometimes I like to dial them up on line and look at ALL of the gun room guns, nationwide. Gives us a good idea of high end price ranges too. enjoy Mike

JIMinPHX
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Crossroads gun show admission here is up to $15 & parking at the fairgrounds is up to $10. As a result, I'm not going so often anymore.

wistlepig1
07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Crossroads gun show admission here is up to $15 & parking at the fairgrounds is up to $10. As a result, I'm not going so often anymore.

WOW Jim, thing in the valley of the sun must be getting better than my Cuz talks about if gun shows are $25 bucks before you look at anything. The last one I went to here was $9 bucks but I have not been to one in the last 9 mo. good shooting mr

dragonrider
07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I would spend $50.00 to get into a gun show and buy nothing rather than go shoppng with the wimmin.

wills
07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I would spend $50.00 to get into a gun show and buy nothing rather than go shoppng with the wimmin.

You leave them unsupervised?

3band53
07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I went to that same gun show and the most interesting thing I heard or saw was that six guns were stolen in the space of about 20 minutes between 12:00 and 12:20 or so. They ranged from a small derringer to a Kimber Ultra Raptor that were just simply removed from the tables they were on. Kind of weird since the local Gander Mtn. was robbed/burglarized two nights in a row earlier in the month. I think my dad Freightman posted about that earlier. The funniest thing I saw was the bubba'd M-44 Mosin Nagant that was purported to be a FACTORY Russian hunting rifle produced in 1936. I did wish I had some serious money as one guy had a whole rack of Finnish Mosins I would have liked to had.
3band53

shooterg
07-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Salem, VA gun show this past weekend, $6 admission(with newspaper coupon). Winchester, CCI, Wolf primers all sizes . $24 to $36 . And all I bought was some books !