PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence???

Frank46
08-24-2006, 03:26 AM
Was at wal mart wednesday and went to the hamburger place. Ok ordered two double big macs and two large fries. So what did I find when I got home??. One double mac and the other double mac had no meat. Then was short changed one large fries. Called them up and they put my name in the book (which must be like a NYC phone directory) and my wife got them thursday. Now how on this earth can they take the order, which by the way is on their computer screen and not get it right??. Seems to me that the intelligence of the folks working at that location is just above a rock. Sorry for the rant, but jeez how can more than one person screw up a simple order? Lets see, one person takes the order, it goes on the computer, another makes the hamburgers, another does the fries. And this isn't the first time I've ordered burgers from them and other burger places and they every so often screw it up. Frank

Explorer1
08-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Explectations is my answer.

We expect it fast, they expect to be paid no matter what, and they expect most people will not only not complain but will return again.

So, why should they bother?

Society has "risen" to worring about "the lowest common demoninator" so everyone has what they want and no one gets their feelings hurt. Used to be you had to work to earn stuff, now its called welfare and expectations the Government will provide a nice, basic living for all.

And to those of us who work, they don't care as long as we pay our taxes. We don't have neough money to adequately pribe our supposedly elected politicians and no direct mass influence on the media so we don't count!

If you do manage to get some press somehow, you are simply labeled disgruntled or an extremist.

Simply MHO.....

Oldfeller
08-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Amen brother.

Lowered expectations -- that's what's wrong. As long as you are within "PC limits" as far as your behavor goes then you can get by. Don't cuss, don't fuss, then you can do pretty much nothing and everybody is happy.

Lots of folks live their lives this way ....

Oldfeller

dragonrider
08-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Frank46 wrote;
"Seems to me that the intelligence of the folks working at that location is just above a rock."

That would be insulting the rock.

Frank46
08-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I have to agree with what was said. But when I worked for a living (retired) depending on what watch I was on I had anywhere from 3 to almost 12 people working for me. It was my job to insure that stuff got done. Guess the work ethics of some folks has taken a serious nose dive. Frank