PDA

View Full Version : .359 -125 HP Mihec mould

Charlie Two Tracks
07-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I just cast my first HP boolits using Mihec's mould. All I can say is---THEY LOOK GREAT! I thank the guys that have posted in the past about using a HP mould. I heated the mould up real good and filled the cavities. As soon as the sprue started hardening I turned the mould upside down and pushed the HP fixture out. The boolits just fell off by themselves. I don't know if I lucked out or what, but I am a happy camper. I was using range lead with 1 lb of solder added to a full pot of lead. :castmine: Never used that smiley before but it seems appropriate.

Edubya
07-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad that it's working out for you. Looking forward to hearing your range report.

I'm assuming that your pot is at least 20 lbs and your "solder" is 50/50. If these assumptions are correct you could probably get by with 10-12 oz of solder. I guess that it doesn't really matter all that much, just a penny or so more for each boolit.

EW

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-16-2010, 11:17 PM
And . . . if you catch them in a trap, you can reuse them many times! (after you re-cast them . . . )