PDA

View Full Version : Ball moulds

JC Kelly
07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Anyone know where one might get round ball moulds in sizes not currently offered by Lyman or Lee?

I'm looking for about a .585, maybe .590

Understand one may be had from Jeff Tanner, I was just hoping to find something with integral sprue cutter.

Ray Pine & his moulds seem to have vanished from this earth.

square butte
07-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Maybe this will put you on the right track. Find this thread with the search function- Mihec 56 cal round ball -. If you cant find it there , click on my user name , then hit statistics, then find all posts. That will also get you there. Miha Previa is getting together orders for round ball molds, with - sprue cutters. I have put my bid in for two .585 molds. I think he needs 5 of the same diameter to make the order viable. If you stick around long enough here you will see that Mihec molds are top shelf. I have 3 of his Cramer style molds. I saw you post in the for sale saection on ALR. You must have one of Getz's .60 cal barrels. So do I.

missionary5155
07-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Good morning
Unless they have changed DIXIE in Tennesee has had RB molds listed in thier fine cataloge that increment in size by by a narrow margin.. I have bought over the years some odd sizes.
The finish and construction of the molds is not the greatest but they shoot fine out to the distances I hunt in the river bottoms.

longbow
07-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Jeff Tanner will make whatever you want:

http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/moulds.htm

Longbow

Maven
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
"Ray Pine & his moulds seem to have vanished from this earth."

JC Kelly, Did you mean RAPINE bullet molds? If so, check out www.buffaloarms.com

jtaylor1960
07-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Nei list a .582 and a .590 in their round ball molds.

RBak
07-18-2010, 04:39 PM
"Ray Pine & his moulds seem to have vanished from this earth."

JC Kelly, Did you mean RAPINE bullet molds? If so, check out www.buffaloarms.com

That is exactly what crossed my mind when I first read his post....Ray Pine & Rapine is certainly close in pronunciation, although I'm not sure that is exactly what he meant, it just registered that way with me too.

Russ