PDA

View Full Version : LEE 310 grain 44

JSH
08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
I am wondering what powders work well with this. I am looking at some AA5744 data, any feed back? I am also going to try AA#9, as I have had good luck with this in the past.
Jeff

klausg
08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Jeff- I've no experience yet, as I just got the mould, I am going to start with H110. My heavy .44 load used to be, pre-casting days, 20.5gr H110 & a Cast Performance 320 gr, so I've got the H110 on hand. I'll be sure to post results, please do the same.

-Klaus

JudgeBAC
08-23-2006, 07:26 PM
N110 works great for me with this bullet 1 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards in a Ruger Bisley Hunter with a 4 power scope. I know a lot of you guys can do better than that but thats about my capability with a revolver at that distance. Although I havent tried it yet, I have read and have two friends who swear by LilGun. Hope this helps.

Dale53
08-23-2006, 08:31 PM
When I was developing the first loads with this bullet, I used H110. Win 296 works well, also. I now use WC 820 (old slow lot). Since I have no pressure tested loads with this I am reluctant to give load data. Keep in mind one very important factor with this bullet - it has two crimp rings and my handguns allow me to seat the bullet LONG. Using the same data when seating the bullet SHORT can result in excess pressures.

We originally designed the two crimp rings so that the bullet could be seated long in the revolvers that allowed it and gain performance. At the same time, we wanted the bullet to be able to be used "short" for those RIFLES that needed it (always aware that we had to reduce the load for the "Short" rounds).

Dale53

TCLouis
08-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Sized 0.431" lubed with FWFWL in front of some of the old lot WC820 in short crimp groove (my Ruger SRH cylinder will not work with boolit seated out to long groove) and it will stack 5 in one hole at 50.

This gun has one chamber that ALWAYS (at least with and accurate load) put one outa 6 about 1.5" away from the group In inaccurate loads the dispersion from one chamber is hidden in the dispersion of the inaccurate load.

I have NOT tried it in the SBH, it has never . . . NEVER shot anything accurately yet so I have little faith it is worh the effort to try.

JSH
08-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks fellows. I just may go ahead and start with AA#9 and try some lilgun.
This will be in a SW29 with a 10 5/8 barrel and iron sighted. I can seat mine in to the long side and still have room to function. This one has a cylinder that also will throw a shoot out of the group. I just use those foam ear plugs to block it off, as I only need 5 shoots for the game I am playing.
Thanks
Jeff

fourarmed
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Jeff, if you mean silhouette, you should know that the OK director nearly got himself tarred and feathered a few years ago for the earplug in the bad chamber trick. May have been at the internationals. If there is any kind of mark on your cylinder that lets you identify the chambers, get an HKS speedloader and mark it to match. Then put the earplug in the corresponding hole in the speedloader. Has the same effect, but it's ihmsa-legal.

Bucks Owin
08-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I like Hodgons LilGun for heavy boolits....(better than W-296 or H-110 IMO)

Dennis

SR-4759 has worked for me too...