PDA

View Full Version : Star Sizer Dies ???????

RANGER RICK
08-23-2006, 02:04 AM
I need to get a couple dies made .
Is there any one that makes star sizer dies here on the forum ???
I need a .512 and a .501 die .
Other wise I will have to go to Stilwell tool and die .

RR

guninhand
08-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Why not order direct from Magma engineering, 480-987-9008? Making star luber dies is what they do.

I just ordered a .317 die from them for my Fatter 30.

PS. You might want to firm up the details of a phone order with a following email, available on their website.

frank505
08-23-2006, 10:09 AM
My experiece with Stillwell has been not so good. I have had them open two dies to larger sizes and both dies were left with step(?) after the taper. The dies tore off the gas checks until I polished them out on a lathe. I just get em from Star sice you can be specific with number of lube holes to fit a particular bullet. Ballist-Cast makes them also with same problem as Stillwell but thay will not entertain ideas of more lube holes or better ideas about the taper portion.

RANGER RICK
08-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I did not see the size of dies that I needed on their magma web page . I take it they also make custom dies ?????

RR

guninhand
08-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I did not see the size of dies that I needed on their magma web page . I take it they also make custom dies ?????

RR
I told the guy over the phone I wanted .317 and asked if they had them in stock or was it special. He told me they just hone a smaller one out it it will be shipped in 1 or 2 days.