PDA

View Full Version : what did you do this weekend?

07-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I slipped out early this morning while the wife and baby were sleeping and headed to the range....

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6828/baloonviewfromrange.jpg
here is a shot of the view from the range it was cool enough that hot air baloons were going up.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9441/stevens223.jpg
working up a load for the varmint gun, thinking of bedding the action it's right at moa i would like it tighter.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6052/tunnelp.jpg
Gotta love a hundred yard *relatively* wind free tunnel

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2146/snakey.jpg
This guy got mad at me for chasing him off the road some people just have no manners.

hope your weekend was as good as mine[smilie=w: well i'm off to play with the baby.

stephen perry
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Like your tunnel target Range. Probably wouldn't use it much but if that's convenient for you that's fine. What kind of moly .357 bullets you shooting in a rifle? Just a comment. Look like 30 cal maybe .308.

I took a couple guys to Angeles BR Range in So Cal so that we could clean up and paint our target frames. We hope to be shooting BR next year at Angeles after 11 NBRSA years at San Gabriel BR range.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

mike in co
07-11-2010, 01:55 PM
NOT A WIND free range. air still flows front to rear or rear to front, and shots cause flow.( front to rear or rear to front will cause vertical)

still very nice.

get a rear bag....test the rifle not your ability to hold it still.

me..i sorted brass and ordered more part for my 1000yd br rifle.

mike in co

Bad Water Bill
07-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I attended the Second amendment freedom rally with Otis Mc Donalt across the street from His Majesty Mayor Daley's office. He left town [smilie=w:

45nut
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Been trying to get this going again,, sat too long and the wiring went to heck and with a very very limited budget and physical limitations here it's scavenge, scrounge and barter time.

before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/cars%20trucks%20and%20such/100_1235.jpg

so far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/cars%20trucks%20and%20such/100_1818.jpg

geargnasher
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Wow, Ken in just one weekend? :bigsmyl2:

I've got a couple of those, fixed up the first '46 half-ton to drive in high school and college, put a quarter million miles on it in six years (283/sm465 4 speed). The other is a '47 GMC three-post longbed that still looks like your first pic. Someday..........

Gear

45nut
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Not a chance for that to be just one weekend! LOL,, just something that I have been trying to tinker on a few minutes here and there. Mine is a '42 by the way and was a farm truck so the dents and tears in the metal reflect that, but is rust free and I figure can make a decent signature truck with a set of Miss Boolette's on the doors.

Johnch
07-11-2010, 02:48 PM
OMG are you guys lucky to be able to have family time and get to the range

I worked 12 hrs Sat in 100+ degree heat inside a building and then sat down with a picher of lemonaid and scratched the dogs ears
Fell asleep in the recliner with the AC blowing on me

Today I worked 6 hrs to try and finish the project , quit when we found out the enginere sent out the wrong parts we installed Sat
So 18 hrs of work will be riped out next Sat and we can start over

Now I am trying to relax

Just before dark I will see if any ground hogs are out

John

stephen perry
07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Nice truck. I see allot of nice trucks each week in San Bernardino and on Route 66. Saw a 37 Hudson truck out in Lucerne last year. Close to original but like the guy said air conditioning is a must in a desert vehicle. I don't agree but air helps.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

deltaenterprizes
07-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Cool rainy day so I worked in the shop drilling and reaming holes in mold blocks for alignment pins and made more alignment pins!

Glen
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I went up to the mountains with a bunch of the PNW 6gunner crew and shot some neat guns, and ate too much! A .450/400 Nitro Express loaded with a 270 grain cast HP at 2150 fps will flat make a water jug EXPLODE!

Recluse
07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
:groner: had several day soff in a row, including the weekend. Had planned to do some flying and some shooting. No wife with me, no teenage kid with me--just me.

Instead, have spent the last four days in bed sicker 'n hell with a summer cold/flu bug.

:coffee:

RP
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Went to the river and shot some turtles with my son his GF and another one of his friends. His GF was not complaining but you sure knew she was there with all the ouch that hurt she is to danty to be in the woods and come out unscaved.

Freischütz
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Picked up 2 trash cans of cottonwood droppings.

No_1
07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Wife was out of town doing a girls weekend with her sisters, kids were at the ex's house doing a girls weekend because she was out of town, I was under the weather with a sinus thing but managed to catalog all my die sets (123 with only 7 duplicates). Was working on my mould list but nap time got the best of me.

R.

Doc Highwall
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Worked both days.

Sonoma2k2
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Friday night i attended a bachleor party for one of my brothers as we call each other. there was a keg tons of liquors, "jagermeister,johnny walker,everclear,tekillya and lord knows how many pounds of steaks,burgers,potatos,vegies,dips etc etc. I decided to idulge a little quicker then normal. I soon found out i have no tolerance. I passed out by 1030. I did eat well though. 3 burgers and 2 steaks and potatoes in 1 sitting.

hours later around 3pm saturday I found out that i missed the altercation..we ended up with 1 broken ankle,puke and blood all thru my buddys house. the grooms father who was peforming the marriage asked "did you see the brawl"? my response "was it on HBO or pay per view" he knew i didnt have a clue.

The wedding was good and redneck/hippieish. no tucked in shirts,reggae music 3 kegs and tables of alcohol all out in the middle of somewhere that resembled Deliverance. that was my weekend. sigh

Bret4207
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Milked, mowed away hay, fixed fence, fixed or found out what was broken on a mess of equipment, doctored on a sick calf, moved some hogs, fixed a flat on the round baler, then I had breakfast............

DIRT Farmer
07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Finished baling first cutting today. Life is good. Now for an (1) adult beverage.

Wayne Smith
07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Organizational meeting for Men's ministry @ Church w/my Son Sat AM. Meeting with a bunch of shooters/hunters next Friday. Tomorrow is LOML's birthday, celebrated today with a trip to the Marine Science Museum this afternoon after singing two services in the choir.

waksupi
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Went to our club shoot yesterday morning, went to a wedding in the afternoon. Both serious hunters and fishers, had some funny stuff at the wedding and reception.
Got down to final sanding on a flintlock today, so should be finishing tomorrow.

Frank46
07-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Had a really severe thunder storm come through here saturday afternoon. Bolt hit the water oak outside the house. Pieces of wood and bark but no damage to the house. Except the main a/c unit won't work so will have to get the little printed circuit board replaced. Had a house about a mile away take a direct hit and pretty badly damaged from the fire. No one was home at the time. Spent sunday cleaning up a trigger guard from a gew88. Frank

Rock
07-12-2010, 12:13 AM
5 hours at the range today with my wife.

.22 rimfire 10/22 prone at 25 meters
.22 rimfire sighted in 40x bench rifle
M1 Garand and M1 Carbine at 100 yards
45ACP at 25 meters

It was a good day at the range :)

Tom W.
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Worked Saturday. :Late this afternoon I went to a friends pond and caught 8 nice bass.....

krag35
07-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Took my Bride fishing at the lake yesterday morning ( I finally out fished her ) Spent the afternoon puttering around the house trying to stay out of the heat. today moved the axle on my boat trailer back some to get enough tounge weight so it tows better. this afternoon went to my niece's 16th birthday party, came home and SWMBO worked me like a rented Mule on yard work.

deerslayer
07-12-2010, 12:28 AM
On call to drive the ambulance all weekend and not one stinking call. I stayed half way clean all weekend and not one call. Normally by this time of year the drunks in the campground keep us busy all night Friday and Saturday. Must be the economy so they can't afford the alcohol.

I did manage to get about 600 pieces of brass primed and ready to load as well as started on my new reloading bench today. It should be plenty sturdy enough to double as a 36" jackstand when I am finished with it. I will try to get some pics up when it is done. Although functional it won't be a looker but will meet my needs and most important my budget ( $0 ) I am only using material that I have around here no hardware store trips.

felix
07-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Actually finished a novel computer program to roll up accounting data on an adhoc, general purpose, basis. SQL data as input; Excell data as output from SQL tables having tree relationships of data to accumulate. Quite enjoyable to have accomplished something like this since retirement 10 years ago. Took 10 times too long, though, but that was expected before starting. ... felix

a.squibload
07-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Friday after work went to freind's house tried a scotch he didn't like, forgot to bring it home with me.
Went to 4WD club meeting, well, missed the meeting but showed up at the after meeting place for a beer.
Slept in Sat. morning, puttered around here, started making a boolit ejector for my BT dies, I think it's gonna work.
Fixed the bad network connection, seems Network Magic is trying to convince me to buy the full version
by sabotaging my settings. Think I'll uninstall it.
Worked part of Sunday. She went with me as navigator. Saw 6 antelope about 50' off the road.
Also a big red fox carrying dinner in it's mouth (mmm, rabbit). Stopped for burgers.

Been reading Castboolits since I got home! Wishing I had got in on the NOE 429421 GB, maybe there will be an extra mold later.

nicholst55
07-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Saturday - drank beer and tried to stay cool; not THAT hot, but muggier than all get-out.

Sunday - visited a close friend with terminal brain cancer, and tried to cheer him up some. Not a great weekend, but better than working.

Rick N Bama
07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
My wife & I spent the weekend visiting with our son & his family up in KY.

A weekend spent with Grandkids goes by way too fast, they sure bring joy to this old man's heart!

Rick

jmsj
07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
That is a really cool shooting range. I don't know how many times This NM. wind has kept me from shooting for groups. I live in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo range near Cimarron. Does the wind blow in your area like here?
This weekend I needed to put in about 20 hours at work. But did manage to get some .44 magnums loaded, just need to get time shoot them.
Once again really cool range,jmsj

1Shirt
07-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Well, I spent the weekend with old friends in a very small town in central Ne. shooting P-dogs (got a couple with cast in K-Hornet), the rest with jacketed, drinking a little wine, and eating some great Ne. beef. Just can't get a whole lot better than that!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

EMC45
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Ate Chinese food Friday night (too darn expensive and not all that great), Family pics Saturday morning (BEDLAM), cast bullets Saturday afternoon, cookout Sat. eve with inlaws. Got a call from MGD45 on the way home from in laws and asked if I wanted some wild hog meat....I says "sure". He had 2 nice big sows on the ground when I got there, and shot another as I was pulling up. So 3 hogs on the ground. I went in his jeep to get the 3rd and we stopped in the road and I blasted a nice little sow with his .300 WIN MAG 180gr. Bal/ Tip 3100FPS between the eyes at 70yds! So I and another friend spent until Midnight dressing/quartering 4 hogs! Packed freezer and grateful heart! Sunday made it to church, fixed my sons suitcase, fixed the hose outside, lubed some bullets I cast the day before, and then went to my Dad's log cabin for another cookout for knockwurst, bratwurst and homemade pickles, did a bunch of swimming with the kids too.

Blammer
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
brought my son to a B day party, found out they kids dad, (who we were at the party for) sells tire patching stuff to all of the tire shops.

He has a bunch of WW's in the shed he's gonna give me for nuthin. :)

Plus I ate two cupcakes and punch and some cheese and crackers off the buffet.

Life is good!

SWIAFB
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I made it to the range Sat. afternoon. First time out with 45 lc Blackhawk. Shot six one hole groups with my first cylinder full. A couple of sight adjustments and a little bit of applied grip control and things are looking better.

pjh421
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm with Frank46.

The 4th of July weekend I spent 3 days wrenching on the Blazer to no avail. Luckily Mom & Dad loaned me their car for a couple weeks until I get another.

Last week was a short 4 day work week and I kept telling myself "this weekend has GOT to be better than last.". Nope. Friday about an hour before quitting time my wife called me from her job to inform me that the house was on fire. One of the kids was heating some cooking oil to make tater tots and had the burner set too high. The 3 of them got out with no permanent injury so it could have been a lot worse. The Red Cross rep came by and put us up in a hotel until the adjuster turns on the loss of use money from our homeowners policy. I get to deal with her in about 20 minutes.

I'm not making any predictions about next weekend. Still in the game.

Paul

AZ-Stew
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
My wife and I spent Saturday afternoon with my son and his family. He injured his back last weekend, and barely escaped surgery for a ruptured disk. I mediated that crisis and talked the doctor out of it. My son is resting and recovering at home for a couple of weeks, reading books and watching old movies.

Spent part of Sunday afternoon lube/sizing some .22-55gr boolits I cast last weekend from a mould I bought on the site from ChuckS1 a couple of weeks ago. Gotta do some more of them and see what I can get them to do from my Rem 788 .223 bolt guns, a T/C Contender in both .223 and .221 Fireball, and my 700 Classic in .221. Should keep me busy for a while.

Regards,

Stew

pjh421
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your son, Stew. One of the doctors at Oak Knoll once told me regarding wrist surgery to correct a ganglion cyst on my wrist from too many push ups. "Yeah, we can make some scar tissue.". I think you did the right thing. Your son can always have the surgery if it becomes necessary but he can't un-have it.

Paul

Longrange
07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Sent about 62 pounds of lead down range before lunch in the form of .45 ACP 240 TC out of my Sig 1911. In the process I made sure the tan and black targets would never intimidate anyone again.

Now my wrists are sore, and have a lot of brass to prep for use again.

For the math challenged that is 1800 rounds.

:cbpour:

45nut
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm with Frank46.

The 4th of July weekend I spent 3 days wrenching on the Blazer to no avail. Luckily Mom & Dad loaned me their car for a couple weeks until I get another.

Last week was a short 4 day work week and I kept telling myself "this weekend has GOT to be better than last.". Nope. Friday about an hour before quitting time my wife called me from her job to inform me that the house was on fire. One of the kids was heating some cooking oil to make tater tots and had the burner set too high. The 3 of them got out with no permanent injury so it could have been a lot worse. The Red Cross rep came by and put us up in a hotel until the adjuster turns on the loss of use money from our homeowners policy. I get to deal with her in about 20 minutes.

Paul

Wow Paul,, that is some bad luck there, keep us updated on the ins. games please and good luck.

Bret4207
07-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm with Frank46.

Paul

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. If there's anyway I can be of help?....

pjh421
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Well thanks for the kind words! We're doing great so far. The adjuster was pretty nice. She asked me some very pointed questions about debt, income level, culpability and my version of what happened and recorded the conversation. No big deal since we"re all above board here (but somebody screwed it up for the honest folks in the past obviously)

So the insurance company is putting us in a nicer setting with a kitchenette tomorrow. That's great because my wife is such a good cook and we are all getting tired of restaurants (sounds funny but its true).

We spoke with the restoration company reps right after speaking with the adjuster and the cleanup will begin tomorrow. The process is supposed to take around 6 weeks.

Fortunately all the guns made it unscathed and all the reloading/casting/swaging stuff is in the detached garage.

When I saw this thread I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. You can't make this stuff up. We turned off the faucet on retirement saving and should be able to pay off an '07 or '08 F-150 in.a couple of years. No way am I dipping into that pot of money for a truck. That would be one expensive ride!

We may already have a buyer for the Blazer but its going to be "as is" because that truck has honked me off for the last time.

Thanks again for the kind words and thoughts.

Paul

AZ-Stew
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your son, Stew. One of the doctors at Oak Knoll once told me regarding wrist surgery to correct a ganglion cyst on my wrist from too many push ups. "Yeah, we can make some scar tissue.". I think you did the right thing. Your son can always have the surgery if it becomes necessary but he can't un-have it.

Paul

Thanks, phj.

He'll be OK in a month or so after the inflammation from the herniated disk goes away and he gets some therapy.

Sorry to hear about your fire. I had this thread pulled up, then got busy with something else for a couple hours. I didn't "refresh" before I wrote my post and was surprised to see yours after I posted. Too bad it's going to take so long to get back in shape. Be sure to secure your valuables before you leave for any extended time.

Regards,

Stew

Frank46
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Paul, sorry to hear about the house. I hope everything turns out ok.
Stew, hope your son makes a good recovery.

Thunderstorms here in louisiana usually aren't a big thing. But this one was a real frog strangler. This is the third time the circuit board got fried. Got lucky as the a/c guy had one in stock. Usually have to wait till they get a new one. So told him get two and will have it on hand for next time. I once saw three bolts come down in the same spot. No way was I gonna go and check it out. Too much stuff flying around.
Frank

RSOJim
07-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm retired, so I don't remember what I did Saturday. Sunday I rode my 1982 Honda 450 on one of my circle routes. One is 78 miles, another is 93 miles and the other one is 103 miles. These are all in the wilds of central Florida not too far from Disney. I take pictures of interesting things. I took 20 pictures total Sunday. I kept 3. The first one was a Florida pygmy rattler from about 2 feet away. The second was two turkey hens with a flock of young ones about 1/3 grown. The last picture was of a 8 foot alligator from about 20 feet away. My old honda is real quiet and if I don't turn off the motor the critters usually don't spook. The reason I only ride on Sunday is because the local hoodlums are either hung over or in jail this early.

Hip's Ax
07-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Paul, I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better for you and your family.

I shot an NRA Smallbore prone Regional 3200 last weekend near Wilkes-Barre PA. Shot well enough and had a ball with all my buddies. Dropped 9 points out of 1600 on iron sight day and on scope day made it clean all the way to the last 100 yard paper where I had two leakers. Oh well, on to the next match. :smile:

Pics just in.

07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Paul and Stew i hope the next weekend is better for you and yours!

dk17hmr
07-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I had to work both days, but Saturday evening the future wife and I went and saw Despicable Me......I love those stupid animated movies.

PepperBuddha
07-13-2010, 11:09 AM
http://bbdart.com/mycar/kcar/hotbox.jpg

82nd airborne
07-13-2010, 11:18 AM
pjh, let me know if there is a way i can help.

pjh421
07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
82nd ABN it would lift my spirits immensely if you would knock out 25 good ones for the board.

Paul

Crash_Corrigan
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Let's see today is Tuesday....last Saturday? I had gotten up early as the day before I had done some chores around this tin trailer and I gone to bed really early...like 2100 hrs or so. Early Saturday AM at 0530 I took Sgt. Rambo out for a patrol around the park and we found a encampment of homeless in a vacant trailer. I got ahold of the park maintenance guy and he called the cops.

They took 45 minutes to amble over here and they dispossessed the squatters after checking ID's and such and kept two on warrants. We finished our extended patrol and watered the roses and my single green pepper plant.

The roses look like **** in this furnace we live in. Took out the garbage and gave the Sgt. some breakfast. Took the Triumph to McDonalds and had a cheap breakfast and thence to Wally World for some food shopping. Got back about 9ish and put everything away. By this time it was about 90 something degrees and the dog wanted no part of another walk and retired to his/my bed.

I spend two hours in or around the pool and kept cool by dunking every 15 minutes or so until the kids arrived at noon and then I left it to them.

After such a productive morning I retired to my recliner with adult beverage in hand and watched some golf on the boob tube. At 3PM when the golf was over I had no desire to go outside as it was now 105 degrees and blowing out like a hot air dryer.

We made a executive decision and I pushed the Sgt. aside and reclined in bed and took a well deserved nap of 3 hours.

We took in the news on the boob tube and slipped a DVD into the computer and watched old shows from NYPD Blue for a bit. The evening slipped away and at 1030 we emerged from our tin trailer and performed another patrol with negative results.

Back at the trailer the TV beckoned and I watched a variety of interesting stuff on a multitude of channels. Gotta love that remote control. Back to the rack at about 0200 and up again at 0830 to face Sunday.

Did the coffee thing and check the forum for good stuff and killed an hour. Cleaned up a mite and after a short patrol with the Sgt. went to church and did my thing. Got back and packed up my goodies and went to ex's house for a visit.

We took the F-150 for it's weekly big drive up the hill to Sun City and for once the Sgt. stayed out of my lap for the trip....it was just too hot for body contact even for him and he is a mexican hot dog doggie.

We arrived and after the mandatory 3 dog circus with a cat thrown in we got them all quieted down and sat down to enjoy the last of the John Deere golf thing on TV.

Stricker won decisively as Paul Goydos did another one of his patented wet ball things on the 18th hole to put him solidly in second place.

I am looking forward to Thursday when the British Open begins. It promises to be 109 until Friday when it will hit 113, Sat 112 and Sunday 112, Monday 111 etc for the next month.

I have no plans other than to watch TV golf and work on my VZ 24 and change out the trigger etc. However I first need to make a chamber cast with cerrosafe as my reloaded 8 MM rounds will not chamber at all. I wonder what is going on there? Mayhap there is something amiss in the chamber. Debris? Residual Brass? Once I figure that out I will spend the time and money to retrigger this old warhorse but not before I find out what is wrong and I get it fixed.

It will be just too hot to venture out of doors for a forseeable future other than required trips to replenish my larder. This of course will be done in the early am hours when it is in the high 80's before the sun comes up.

After the golf was over we retired to the kitchen to make some killer tacos and drink some decent beer. Once clean up was done we again retired to the TV room to enjoy Avatar. Great movie but really strange. Once the movie was over it was some more old NYPD Blue DVD's and we left to home at 2330 and it was still almost 100 degrees at that time.

Life retired is such a busy time.

82nd airborne
07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
82nd ABN it would lift my spirits immensely if you would knock out 25 good ones for the board.

Paul

lol, consider it done, i was secretly hopeing you wouldnt aske me to buy you a new house, and then i would then have to confess i have no money...

pjh421
07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
82nd Airborne...might I remind you that a Paratrooper need not have money as civilians buy you beer, fish fear you and women want you.

Dan, that's cool that you get along with your ex. I avoid mine.

Rest of you guys thanks again for the kind words.

Paul

Gee_Wizz01
07-14-2010, 12:09 AM
I got up early, 0730, and reloaded some 223 and 45 Colt. I had planned a nice Saturday afternoon at the range, but the weather did not cooperate. Salvaged the afternoon by babysitting my 5 month old grandson. He's my future hunting/shooting buddy, and it's great to spend time with the little fella. Sunday, got up went to church came home and broke out the Lee lead dripper and my new Skiesunlimited #1 buckshot mold. Ran about 4 lbs of buckshot and tossed them in the tumbler, then washed my clothes and packed suitcase for this weeks adventures. I am now having withdrawal symptoms because I haven't been to the range since the 1st week of May. I am a shootaholic.

G

waksupi
07-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Heading out for the next weekend's adventure tomorrow. Camping, fishing, shooting, drinking, eating, BS'ing. Sounds like Ruger1965 will be joining us, and if mysterious Member #12,000 reads this, we will be at Merical's, come on up.

steg
07-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Took my Puma out to the range to try and zero in a peep sight I had put on, seven shots til the firing pin broke, got to love Brazil, this is the third one to go.................steg

Geraldo
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM

Paul

Good one. :mrgreen:

Your adjuster is just covering bases. When the economy is bad, some people see arson as a good deal. Your situation is obviously accidental and believe it or not, it's one of the most common causes of fire.

On to my weekend. I really can't remember what I did, so it must have been really exciting whatever it was. This weekend I'm going to Bethesda to see a close friend's wounded son.

07-18-2010, 12:39 AM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6387/reloadingbean.jpg

Hope everyone's weekend is going as well as mine is, I had a helper this after noon when i was cleaning up my bench, in the process i found a label maker so we labeled things.

stephen perry
07-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I finished sighting in 6 rifles. I always start at 25 yd and get them where I want them before I move to 100/200. A few will be sighted for 300-600 later. My 6x47 Rem shot a 3 shot group measuring .170 expected that, with Winchester 80 grn lead points. Going out tommorrow and sight some more in. Supposed to be 104 so what a shootin day is a shootin day. Put 2 cans of 134 in my GMC truck, life can't get any better than a good air conditioner. Probably going to sight in my .222 and my 6x45 TCU rifle, 60 deg shoulder. The reason I'm doing all this sighting in is because each gun has a new scope on it now. I have Leupold, Lyman, Weaver, Unertl, and Burris scopes to sight in. I have too many scopes, 8 spares. Have a Ruger .308 V coming in September that gets my Leupold 12 to start maybe my Leupold 6.5x20 later, this will be my designated .30 cal Cast gun.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

nes4ever69
07-19-2010, 12:41 AM
gun show. bought 400 357 magnum brass for $36, 500 40 s@w for $25, 40 30-06 for $5, 1500 9mm for $60, 9 50bmg for $5. made my dad happy he can get more 357 rounds.

not to mention packing and cleaning the house and yard work to move soon.

Wayne Smith
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Normal chores, made 7.62 Nagant cases from .223, saw Inception, made more cases. I think I have the process down now, as well as I can with my present tools.

Moonie
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Took 2 of my sons to a tactical competition shoot. First one I had ever been to, really enjoyed it. My wife and 11 year old daughter are interested in going to the next one. Will have to load some light 45 acp for them however, and lots of range time to get them up to speed on the weapons.

The 11 year old is eager, but I need her to show me she can handle it before I'm comfortable with her running between firing stations with a loaded weapon...

a.squibload
07-20-2010, 03:05 AM
Paul and Stew, better luck to come.

Moonie, how long since you told her "don't run with scissors!"?

Moonie
07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
a.squibload, so long I don't even remember. She is a smart kid and listens well, she will be up to speed in no time I'm sure.

a.squibload
07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
That's good, building safety awareness and confidence.
A friend has a problem with his girls, they are not currently receiving firearms instruction due to his ex.*
He found out recently that he is "restrained" from firearms, the Judge meant for that to only last during the divorce proceedings
which ended YEARS ago. All that means is more lawyer fees but in the meantime he can't take them shooting.

*She found out one time that they had "handled" a BB gun without professional instruction.:roll:
Of course she won't allow any gun instruction while they're with her.

Sorry, this has been buggin me for a while 'cause they are good kids.

Beau Cassidy
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I went fishing on Guntersville Lake saturday then sunday went to a friend of mine's new 82' houseboat on Norris Lake where I just might have met the next Mrs. Cassidy.

Moonie
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
a.squibload, I do understand that. I have taken a nephew a couple of times. I wasn't sure how his mother would react so I made sure my brother had talked to her (they are divorced) and I also talked to her about it. She trusted me to teach him properly, see, _I'm_ the responsible one, not my brother.

As far as the daughter goes, I've had full sole custody of her since she was 2 1/2, an abuse and neglect thing. My oldest daughters dream is to meet that women in a dark alley some day...

11 year old remembers nothing about it thankfully.

a.squibload
07-23-2010, 03:47 AM
My wife's nieces became her sisters at an early age, same kinda deal. They're grown now and no worse than the rest of the bunch!

Let's see, it's been another weekend, sorted WWs from my recent haul, visited friends, ham & ribs mmmmm! His wife cooks better than ME, we both have the same brand smoker.
Only shooting I've done lately is shootin' the bull over there...

Taylor
07-23-2010, 07:50 AM
4th July weekend went visit family in eastern Kentucky.Shot pistols and rifles,took a 40 mile ATV ride on the mining roads.Found a rattle snake,a lead bullet,a quarter,3 different piles of bear poo,one still smoking.Benchmark 4193 feet.Following weekend went to Bowling Green to watch a Cowboy Action shoot,quite interesting,might be something I would enjoy.The weekend after went to the Twin Oaks traditional bow shoot,some really nice bows on site.I think I would like to make my own and improve on my archery skills.This weekend really hot,may not go outside!The grass still needs to be cut.

azcruiser
07-25-2010, 05:57 AM
sat in front of my new big screen TV with blue ray?computer hook up and watched you tube vids on Martini Henry /Napel 455x577 IMA or Alanta Cutleryl thinking of getting some looked cool
never watched that you tube showed how to make cases alot of neat stuff

BOOM BOOM
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
HI,
Went camping with wife & 3 daughters , went to HADES,

it's a campground at the S. end of the HIGH UINTAHS, in UT.
MT. bike riding, ate GREAT,
WENT SHOOTING 3x'S A DAY THURS., FRID., SAT. 100 ROUNDS EACH SESSION.:Fire::Fire:
LIFE WAS GOOD!:Fire::Fire:

frankenfab
07-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I have spent the last 2 weekends cutting and welding in 100 degree weather. I have been constructing a bullet trap like the one in this post:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=940933&postcount=364

Mine is a little bigger, though, 4 feet square at the front. I have enough of it together that I have tested it. It works GREAT. 45 ACP ball cores are trapped nicely with only a 4" I.D. 1/4" wall pipe. The cast slugs from the .500 Linebaugh just shattered. The sides are made from 5/16" plate.

I had all the materials laying around, so I am out 0 for materials.

I will try to post pics sometime, but my Adobe flash is screwed up right now so I can't upload to Photobucket.

Maven
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Went to Dixon's Gunmakers' Fair on Saturday.

waksupi
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Went to Dixon's Gunmakers' Fair on Saturday.

I'm jealous!

9.3X62AL
07-26-2010, 07:38 PM
"Weekend"? What's THAT? Every day is Saturday when you're retired.

I stayed home over Fourth of July Weekend, and watched a bit of baseball on TV while case-prepping a BUNCH of brass. Some of this fired stuff was from as far back as NCBS. What a lazy ***, eh?

Since then, I've run the boat a bit in the Sierras--caught a ride on a cattle boat out of San Diego to fish the Coronados--and have strafed about two dozen jackrabbits and a couple coyotes locally on short jaunts up and down the power/phone line roads. I'm waiting around for ocean temps to attract bait fish inshore, which will attract game fish inshore. Global warming--right. If the ocean doesn't get right, I'm going to head into the Sierras some more, 'cause I'd like to pull on some fish.

I have 223 and 30-06 brass ready for filling with castings. Might get those done tonight after the heat dissipates.

07-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Today is the last day of my masters degree, after today i'm done. I just don't know what to do with myself this weekend...

HORNET
07-30-2010, 12:06 PM
.357, congratulations on getting the Masters degree.

a.squibload
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
+1 on that, that's a lot of work!

WILCO
07-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Today is the last day of my masters degree, after today i'm done. I just don't know what to do with myself this weekend...

Enjoy a nice cigar with a good cold drink.

montana_charlie
07-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Weekend? I never know what day it is, and cows don't recognize weekends, anyway.
More than once I have stopped in the middle of a job to go to town for 'parts'...only to learn it's Sunday and all the implement dealers are closed.

CM

DIRT Farmer
07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I am planing this weekend with my grandsons, I have about 5 acres of hay down. Grease up the small square baler and work on their physical conditioning tomorrow.

07-30-2010, 11:31 PM
my first job ever was buckin bails, i made good money and still have the shoulders from it.

DIRT Farmer
07-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I was always looking for a chance to put up hay when I was a kid although Dad claimed first dibs. When I started the pay figured out to two boxes of 22s per hour, and on one job I was paied a 22 pump rifle.

Beau Cassidy
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Since then, I've run the boat a bit in the Sierras--caught a ride on a cattle boat out of San Diego to fish the Coronados--and have strafed about two dozen jackrabbits and a couple coyotes locally on short jaunts up and down the power/phone line roads. I'm waiting around for ocean temps to attract bait fish inshore, which will attract game fish inshore. Global warming--right. If the ocean doesn't get right, I'm going to head into the Sierras some more, 'cause I'd like to pull on some fish.

I have 223 and 30-06 brass ready for filling with castings. Might get those done tonight after the heat dissipates.

Last August I went on a 3 day trip on the Pegasus out of San Diego. 17 of us caught 260 yellowfin tuna in one day plus an equal number of skipjack and bluefins. We had some Dorado and yellowtails thrown in to keep it interesting. One guy hooked a striped marlin. I had a Mako shark get one of my tuna at the boat. It was a great experience!

redneckdan
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Took some newbies rappelling. Since it was 90F we went down a waterfall.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs251.snc4/39900_10150235239640323_854330322_13565793_8211686 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs271.snc4/39881_10150235239730323_854330322_13565801_6543452 _n.jpg

crabo
08-04-2010, 01:50 PM
It's not the weekend, but since I'm on vacation, I shot a buffalo this morning with a 45/70 guide gun and the 420460 group buy boolit.

9.3X62AL
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Dan, that rappel site is PERFECT for summer work! GREAT choice. What effect (if any) does wetness have on 8-ring drag?

Beau, those kind of days are too few and far between, FOR SURE. This year, even the long range boats are having a tough time finding fish. A few intermittently hit the jackpot, but not many--and not often. Weird year.

mold maker
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
The week end was cool (less than 90) so I spent several hr on the berms gathering lead. That added a little over 4 gal to the pile to be smelted this Fall.
26 0f 31 days in July were over 90 with 85-90% sweat. There were 2 days at 101. That's unusual for this area of NC.
Tuesday I had the cataracts removed from the right eye. I didn't remember how pretty the world was. I'm even going to be able to see iron sights again.
Life is again, extra good.

redneckdan
08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Dan, that rappel site is PERFECT for summer work! GREAT choice. What effect (if any) does wetness have on 8-ring drag?

I was using a four bar aluminum rack. The other two were using an ATC and a Gri-Gri. The Gri is a cam type device designed for belaying that works good for a bunch of other stuff including rappelling. The cam will actually lock up on the rope. To go down you pull back on the lever with your left hand and control the rope with your right just like a figure 8. The one girl had never rappelled before so I decided it was best she use the Gri. Newbies when they panic will grab the rope with both hands above the rappelling device. With a figure 8 you are toast, the Gri will lock up and stay that way until the operator regains their composure or I go and do a pick off. I did use a stainless steel 8 for one trip down...but only one. Stainless is more slick than aluminum to begin with, add water and it gets real interesting.[smilie=1:

09-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Three day weekend in september + trip to parents house + 870 = dove season!